UKC

Xbox v Nintendo Switch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam Beaton 04 Jan 2019

So it's now a choice between an Xbox or Nintendo Switch for my kids to play Fortnite on............can they play online against their mates using a Switch like they can with an Xbox? 

Luke90 04 Jan 2019
In reply to Sam Beaton:

Short answer... Yes.

Long answer... It might just work straight away by logging in with an Epic account that they already have (Epic being the makers of the game). If they normally play exclusively on Xbox, they might have to jump through the extra hoop of creating an account with Epic and adding their friends to that account. If they're already playing on more than one platform (e.g. sometimes playing on Xbox and sometimes on mobile or PC) then the transition to Switch should be seamless.

I would add that, for kids of the age that are normally heavily into Fortnite, platform loyalty can sometimes be a big thing. It might be worth finding a way to talk to them about it before committing money. If they normally play on Xbox, they might think the added portability of Switch is awesome or it might be like buying double-stemmed cams for a committed single-stem zealot.

In reply to Sam Beaton:

I am getting a different answer here. Apparently she could play Fortnite in her Switch but can't any more due to something changing. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

Alan

OP Sam Beaton 04 Jan 2019
In reply to Luke90:

Thanks. They've suggested a Switch for my house as they already have an Xbox at mum's house and fancy something more portable that they can take round to friends' houses

OP Sam Beaton 04 Jan 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Son no. 2 has a friend who was playing Fortnite on his Switch at my house just a couple of weeks ago, but I will double check that is still the case! Thanks

Dax H 04 Jan 2019
In reply to Sam Beaton:

From what I have read today fortnite battle royal yes though not as slick gaphically or fps wise at the Xbox, apparently it gets a bit laggy if lots is going on. The save the world version isn't supported on switch though (I don't know what this is, battle royal is the big hitter) . Apparently though its harder (a bit) to control on the switch its easier to win, switch players tend to be more casual . 

OP Sam Beaton 05 Jan 2019
In reply to Dax H:

Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...