UKC

Yoga shred for men

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hello.  

I was gifted the 21 days yoga shred course for men from OM daily yoga

I'm just starting day three.   

Has anyone else done this and care to comment.

Drinking coffee right now and trying to wake up enough to roll around in the bedroom floor .

TWS

cb294 21 Aug 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Hi,

glad to hear you are well enough for a yoga course! Stick with it, I know I should to help my mobilitx.

CB

In reply to cb294:

> Hi,

> glad to hear you are well enough for a yoga course! Stick with it, I know I should to help my mobilitx.

> CB

Thanks.  I'm far from great but certainly far from non functioning.  

I'm enjoying the course so far,  bite size lessons and building up slowly.  I use to do yoga years ago.

philipivan 21 Aug 2019

If you used to do yoga, have you ever considered meditation. It might be useful with dealing with how you feel sometimes. A lot of the mindfulness podcasts can be quite useful too, for instance https://beherenownetwork.com/category/jack-kornfield/

I hope you enjoy the yoga, stick with it! 

In reply to philipivan:

> If you used to do yoga, have you ever considered meditation. It might be useful with dealing with how you feel sometimes. A lot of the mindfulness podcasts can be quite useful too, for instance https://beherenownetwork.com/category/jack-kornfield/

> I hope you enjoy the yoga, stick with it! 

Yes when I'm well I do practice meditation.  

I haven't had the focus to recently unfortunately.  

philipivan 22 Aug 2019

That's a shame. I find listening to people discussing that kind of thing to be relaxing and uplifting also. The guided meditation on the insight timer app for instance makes it more accessible too. 

Baron Weasel 22 Aug 2019

After reading this thread I looked up a yoga for climbing video and did about 15 minutes. I'd been meaning to start doing some for a while now and it was good. Hope you enjoy your yoga too!

In reply to Baron Weasel:

> After reading this thread I looked up a yoga for climbing video and did about 15 minutes. I'd been meaning to start doing some for a while now and it was good. Hope you enjoy your yoga too!

Yes even if I haven't felt I've followed along quite correctly somedays , the discipline of doing it first thing and knowing I've done what I said I would has made me feel less lost and more structured.  

Also being aware that it needs to be approached slowly with correct form to get the benefit from really learning the poses well has made me not go to fast and be impatient. 

I just need to keep it up and not stumble  , and if I have to have a day off not to punish myself for it.  

That will be the hard part. 

Baron Weasel 22 Aug 2019

> Also being aware that it needs to be approached slowly with correct form to get the benefit from really learning the poses well has made me not go to fast and be impatient.

Yeah I kept having to stop and look up at the TV - 15 minutes was enough to start with for sure!

> I just need to keep it up and not stumble  , and if I have to have a day off not to punish myself for it.  

> That will be the hard part. 

Never punish yourself (except a little if you want to during training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...