UKC

30th Present for me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Little Brew 29 Oct 2012
Hey all, looking at treating my self to an early 30th present around Christmas as you can get some good deals then, and want some informed and experienced opinions.... so I came here... not sure what to read in to that.

looking at a possible 3 cameras, 3 Canon and 1 Nikon. thoughts on brand/model appreciated (I know the 2 wont swap lenses and screw differently to focus)

Canon 1100D, Canon 550D or Nikon D3100. Currently the 550D is winning for me...
 The Lemming 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Little Brew:

Choose the one that feels the most comfortable and has the most intuitive software for you.

All the big name brands are as good as each other so you won't but a lemon.
 Tom Last 29 Oct 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to Little Brew)
>
> Choose the one that feels the most comfortable and has the most intuitive software for you.
>
> All the big name brands are as good as each other so you won't but a lemon.

+1 for this.
 Tall Clare 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Southern Man:

+ another 1
OP Little Brew 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Little Brew: Tar all, plan on taking myself in to store and having a play. Been using Dads 60D a lot recently and it is very nice, so looks like it may be one of the Canon, also can steal his lenses then!
 CarolineMc 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Little Brew: Yep, just go and try them out. I was convinced on a Nikon til I had a play with the Canon in the shop, and it just felt better to use! Co:
 Tall Clare 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Little Brew:

Access to lenses is a good thing - will save you a fortune whilst you decide what you want for yourself.
 The Lemming 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Little Brew:

Just got an interesting mail from Jessops. You can get a Samsung + Galaxy Tab + £100 cashback.

Just a thought

www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/samsung/nx20-compact-system-camera-with-18-55mm-lens-84952/show.html?cm_mmc=email-_-samsung-_-JES_SAM_02-_-main
 kevin stephens 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Little Brew:
Try a Pentax too
In reply to Little Brew:

Canon 550d is a great camera but is a little old now, and you can get the 600d for about the same price (£450 inc lens).

The 600d isn't that much better, but it does have a few extra useful features and will hold it's value for longer as it is the newer model.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...