UKC

Ama Dablam documentary attempt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JayW 11 Jan 2022

Had a go at making my first proper mini documentary about my recent climb of Ama Dablam. Check it out:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxYEMhIGPDU& 

Hope you enjoy. 

In reply to JayW:

Nice little video for a first attempt

OP JayW 12 Jan 2022
In reply to mountain.martin:

Cheers!!

Gav Parker 12 Jan 2022
In reply to JayW:

Very Enjoyable thankyou…

Reminded me of a trip years ago to do Mera Peak.

I showered in what was meant to be the highest shower in the world looking across at Ama Dablam! Great looking Mountain. This was on a Everest trek.

Cheers

Post edited at 20:07

Not sure if my disliker construed my comment as damming with faint praise, but reading it now I can see that it could possibly have come across as that.

Don't really mind what the disliker thought, but for the benefit of the original poster. I really did think the video was good and I watched it all the way through. I wasn't more effusive because of the wind/sound problems at the end, and the shortage of footage from the summit day. 

But that's all understandable given the altitude and conditions.

jonah jones 12 Jan 2022
In reply to JayW:

Top stuff, really enjoyed and brought back many memories of Nov/Dec 2005 when I climbed it. Was all a bit more simple then with just photos taken when you could.  A bit weird realising that camp 3 isn’t used anymore.   Climbing the yellow tower without any aid in plastic boots is still one of my fav climbing moments.

That wretched dislike button has done so much untold damage to these forums.

abr1966 13 Jan 2022
In reply to JayW:

Great effort mate, really enjoyed that... congratulations...

OP JayW 13 Jan 2022
In reply to JayW:

Thanks all, some good feedback. Yes filming above camp 2 was very strenuous as reflected in the lack of footage higher up. Next time I'm thinking of taking a GoPro and putting it on the helmet so I don't have to take off gloves etc to film. 

Turned turned the dislike function off about a year ago - if there's any constructive feedback pop it in a reply.

Thanks again for checking it out.

Maggot 13 Jan 2022
In reply to JayW:

That arete at 11:30+ ... !!! 🥴

OP JayW 13 Jan 2022
In reply to Maggot:

A bit dicey, even with the fixed lines!!

In reply to JayW:

Interesting film, thanks for sharing. Can I just ask, at the end, did you leave by helicopter instead of walking out, and is that standard?

An interesting area that I'd love to visit. Well done on a successful trip 

Robert Durran 13 Jan 2022
In reply to Maggot:

> That arete at 11:30+ ... !!! 🥴

I think that even quite broad ridges tend to look life knife edges with a headcam!

OP JayW 14 Jan 2022
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

Yes left by heli from base camp to Lukla as we summited early and I was starting the Annapurna Circuit. Not standard, I believe most walk out. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...