UKC

Budget canon dslr

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 anonymous 24 Nov 2019

My old canon 4000d is on its last legs and I'm thinking about a new dslr before an upcoming trip. I've got multiple canon lenses so looking at staying with canon. Ive been happy with the camera for the budget but ideally would like a slight upgrade. Mainly used for travel, landscape, aurora and wildlife photography. The budget is up to around 500 pounds. I've seen both the 250d and 800d and am thinking of these. Has anyone got any recommendations regarding these or other options that would recommend? Thanks

Jon Read 24 Nov 2019
In reply to anonymous:

Go second hand, and perhaps full frame (though it depends if your lenses are EF-S or not). This 5d II has hardly been used judging by the number of shots.

https://www.ffordes.com/p/SH-18-026272/canon/eos-5d-ii-body-only

or if sticking with smaller frame, the 7d is a good 'un I believe:

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/canon-eos-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-used-172...

Myfyr Tomos 24 Nov 2019
In reply to anonymous:

Agree with Jon - second hand is the way to go. I've used MPB with confidence for years and they have a huge range of Canon dslr cameras in stock. The ones mentioned by Jon are also very reputable dealers. £500 will go a long way quality-wise second hand.

Post edited at 15:42
 Dan Arkle 24 Nov 2019
In reply to anonymous:

I can sell you my 760D for £350 

Its fine, higher res than the entry models, good video and a nice touch screen. I'm just not using it. 

Post edited at 16:04
 Blue Straggler 24 Nov 2019
In reply to anonymous:

If going second hand, also look at London Camera Exchange which are very reputable too. Nothing against ffordes or WEX or MPB, just adding another option to broaden the choice. Mifsuds as well, while I am at it!

In reply to anonymous:

Gets a used 7d. They are bomb proof and have great IQ.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...