UKC

Cheapish camera batteries worth buying

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 09 Oct 2020

Buying generic camera batteries is always a gamble. Do you buy cheap, and wish you paid for branded at exorbitant prices?

If you are looking for batteries then I can highly recommend Ex-pro batteries. I initially got them from eBay and then from Amazon. And I can say that they actually do last beyond their two warranty marketing.

Its taken three years, almost to the day, for one of my current batch of batteries to start losing their charge. And the batteries before that, lasted just as long.

Thought this may help if you are looking for a couple of spares, or replacements.

Post edited at 19:07
 Blue Straggler 09 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Is 7dayshop still running?

In reply to Blue Straggler:

Yes they are, not quite as cheap as they used to be due to tax changes but still good value & reliable.

steve_gibbs 09 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I'll second that. I've bought multiple Ex-Pro batteries over the years, first for my Panasonic TZ10/TZ30 cameras a decade ago and more recently for my Fuji TX-2. The batteries are a third of the price of the proprietary Panasonic/Fuji ones and indiscernibly different in terms of how long they last. Moreover, they won't damage your camera, unlike the myriads of horrendous mainly Chinese batteries that litter Amazon and Ebay!

OP The Lemming 09 Oct 2020
In reply to steve_gibbs:

I've lost count but its is well over ten years myself.

nathan79 09 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Another Ex-Pro fan here. Had a number of them over the years and have always found them great value and performance. 

profitofdoom 09 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I've bought Duracell batteries for my Nikon, they were fine 

craig h 09 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I just buy the Duracell equivalents and never had any issues or noticed a change in performance. A reliable brand and often 2/5's of the price.

Post edited at 00:07
 balmybaldwin 10 Oct 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

For my Canon Es 77d I've got 1 original battery for my camera (1700mah) and 2 1400MaH fakies I got as a set with a usb charger.

The Original battery Seems to keep it's charge (without being used) better, but the 1400's are just as good (allowing for the slightly lower capacity) in terms of actual shooting performance.

As a result I tend to keep the original as a spare battery in my bag (as it's rare I use a battery completely in a session)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...