UKC

Drones in Nepal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi All,

I was looking for some advice and guidance on taking a drone to Mera Peak next year. I enjoy photography and shooting movies but was wondering if this is practical logistic wise. I wasn't planning on flying it from the summit but more on the walk in and out as the scenery will still be pretty spectacular. I am going with a company and the drone is a Mavic Air so pretty small but wondered if there will be opportunity to fly it, battery charging issues etc Grateful for thoughts from people that might have done this before. Thanks

planetmarshall 19 Apr 2019
In reply to MalcyversustheMunros:

Drones are banned within Sagarmatha National Park.

In reply to planetmarshall:

Thanks for replying; it might make the decision to take it a lot easier! I have seen mixed messages so it would be good to understand where you got this information from?

Thanks

planetmarshall 19 Apr 2019

> Thanks for replying; it might make the decision to take it a lot easier! I have seen mixed messages so it would be good to understand where you got this information from?

Signs at the checkpoints at the entrance to the park. That doesn't mean people haven't gotten away with it of course, but I don't know what sanction you'd face if caught.

jethro kiernan 26 Apr 2019

From a couple of pieces  it seems that it’s only drones above 2kg that are limited, I would still do some more research as local rules and interpretations may exist , also do you have a clear objective as too what you want to achieve with the drone, otherwise it may be frustrating and expensive for you and annoying for others.

Thanks for the additional links and information. I appreciate that laws and regulations change all the time so will keep my eye on it. The intention was just to get some 4K footage of mountain scenery from a different angle. No commercial intentions; just to capture some memories really.

Thanks again

Malcy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...