UKC

free simple photo editing software for kids ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 29 Dec 2019

apologies if this has been done recently . as title. hopefully something thats simple to use asnd hopefully downloads without issues.

ta

HeMa 29 Dec 2019
In reply to mike123:

Picasa?

Hyphin 30 Dec 2019
In reply to HeMa:

> Picasa?

Aye, but is that simple enough for adults to use? 

The Lemming 30 Dec 2019
In reply to mike123:

Windows 10 has a good free photo editing app built in, which is quite simple to use.

Escher 30 Dec 2019
In reply to mike123:

What platform? Phones for example already have simple editing software included

HeMa 30 Dec 2019
In reply to Hyphin:

Yes

k_os 30 Dec 2019
In reply to mike123:

If it's on a phone, Snapseed is great, for adults and kids. And free

OP mike123 31 Dec 2019
In reply to k_os: thanks all for your replies . Sorry for lack of info in op and I suppose it's a bit misleading. My eldest sprog who i is 12 has a Nikon d40 (£80 off ebay ) and my mum and sister just got him a macro lens for Christmas . As has been hinted at he is pretty tech savvy and will no doubt get his head  around  photo shop or similar when he decides to spend some of his money on it . He's also just been given a pc with Windows 8,1 ( see my other post re this ) . an example of what he would like to do would be to take a picture of a fly and then crop and enlarge its eye and mess about with the image .I don't really want to start messing around too much with the pc but may have to . For the moment though he would like to download some software to get going. To be honest I would happily pay for something for him but photo shop seems a bit pricey and may (?) be a bit over the top to start with . Also I plan to get a Mac by the middle of next year and will be happier to pay for software for this . 

HeMa 31 Dec 2019
In reply to mike123:

Picasa is a good starting point. 

for proper photoshopping, Gimp is a good start. 

both are free. 

once they know What they really want, the you can start to think about which app to buy (If you think such is needed).

Andy Johnson 31 Dec 2019
In reply to HeMa:

Picasa was discontinued in 2015.

HeMa 31 Dec 2019
In reply to Andy Johnson:

Figures... I still have it on my work laptop.

Darktable might be a really good option (again free). I just downloaded it myself as a possible replacement to Lightroom.

FactorXXX 31 Dec 2019
In reply to mike123:

Nikon do a free editing program called Capture NX-D.

Tringa 31 Dec 2019
In reply to mike123:

For .jpegs have a look at Photoscape - very easy to use and though it does not have as many features as others it is still pretty good. It does have a RAW convertor but IMO it is not great.

Also have a look here - https://www.techradar.com/uk/best/free-photo-editor

Dave

Blue Straggler 01 Jan 2020
In reply to mike123:

If he’s as tech savvy as you seem to imply, then he should be able to cope with stuff that isn’t specifically “simple” or “kid oriented”.

Maybe Irfanview is worth a look. 

JimbotheScot 01 Jan 2020

https://www.photopea.com/

Browser based no need to install anything

In reply to mike123:

GIMP

spenser 02 Jan 2020
In reply to mike123:

I use Raw Therapee which seems to work well and is free. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...