UKC

High quality slide scans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Robert Durran 11 Nov 2018

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get top quality scans from slides? I have a small number of slides I would like done really well and am happy to pay good money (within reason!).

Sean Kelly 11 Nov 2018
In reply to Robert Durran:

I would have thought any professional lab should be able to handle that. I had it done a long time back and they used a drum scanner which gave very good results.  Now I have a Nikon scanner but that is over £500.

kmhphoto 11 Nov 2018

Metro Imaging iin London.

timparkin 11 Nov 2018

If the forum doesn't mind a bit of self promotion, I have a side business drum scanning film. I did the scans for Alan Hinkes' 8000m book. However drum scans aren't cheap, £12 each, but you won't get better. Happy to do a couple for free so you can compare? drumscanning.co.uk

OP Robert Durran 11 Nov 2018
In reply to timparkin:

yhm

Andy Chubb 12 Nov 2018

I’m in the process of scanning about 2000 slides using this high quality scanner rented via Amazon.

Reflecta DigitDia 6000 Slide Scanner 

The reviews on Amazon tempted me to give it a go and my experience so far is that the results are pretty good - much better than folks get from buying a cheaper scanner, which they then don’t ever need again once the job is done. Only negative is that it doesn’t handle cardboard mounts that well

Cost about £120 for one week’s hire, so for me that’s 6p per slide. 

Removed User 12 Nov 2018

A&M are good, I’ve been using them for a long time. Pilrig/Bonington so not too far away.

https://www.amimage.co.uk/

Hillandben 14 Nov 2018

In Scotland, near you: Loxley Colour, close to AG Barr factory (Irnbru drink).  Address: 1 Drum Mains Park, Orchardton woods, Glasgow G68 9LD - large building in its own grounds; take Mollinsburn exit from M74, aiming for ginormous factory which is the Irnbru palace.  Go past this for a few hundred yards and the Loxley place is on the right.  Phone 0845 519 5000; wb loxleycolour.com;  eml: cs@loxleycolour.com.

Good quality from slides: about £7 per slide, 35mm trannies, flat bed scan.  

I too require copies for an Alps project of about 85 x 35mm trannies and can't decide to spend the money.  

David Barlow 14 Nov 2018
In reply to Andy Chubb: did you get similar slide scanning rates as those near the bottom of https://www.filmscanner.info/en/ReflectaDigitDia6000.html  ?

I have used drumscanning.co.uk Tim Parkin - excellent scans and service.

OP Robert Durran 14 Nov 2018
In reply to Mark Glaister - Assistant Editor:

> I have used drumscanning.co.uk Tim Parkin - excellent scans and service.

Slides already sent to him

Post edited at 18:17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...