UKC

How to view latest top 10 galleries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Jarratt 22 Aug 2021

I received an email from UKC to say my gallery was doing well. Frankly it seems odd because I have had maybe 10 votes on it in the last week, and it was the hillwalking site and not the climbing one. However, my pride got the better of me and I thought I would have a look.

What I don't understand is that if you ask it to show you the current top 10 galleries it shows them for weeks that happened months ago. Is there a bug in the site?

In reply to Rob Jarratt:

I can certainly view the photos. The latest top 10 photos are shown in links below. Your gallery is No1 in the hillwalking and mountain galleries. 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/photography/top_10_climbing_photos-729532...

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/photography/top_10_hill_photos-729531?v=1...

Edit: In answer to your thread title question, there are various ways to view and partly it depends on your starting point. If UKH and you want just the hill walking top 10, probably the quickest is to click on photos right at the top of the site and then select latest top 10. Alternatively use the photos icon in the forums.

Personally, I use the thread titles in the forums under photography where the climbing and hill walking threads are one after the other. Click on the one you wish and scroll to bottom will give the latest top 10.

Post edited at 21:47
 IM 23 Aug 2021
In reply to Rob Jarratt:

> I received an email from UKC to say my gallery was doing well. Frankly it seems odd because I have had maybe 10 votes on it in the last week, and it was the hillwalking site and not the climbing one. However, my pride got the better of me and I thought I would have a look.

> What I don't understand is that if you ask it to show you the current top 10 galleries it shows them for weeks that happened months ago. Is there a bug in the site?

Know what you mean, same with the UKH galleries, as far as I can see it seems to be stuck here;

'Top 10's for the UKH photo galleries for the week from 22/Nov/20 to 29/Nov/20'.

I am probably doing something wrong.. the way I have always accessed it [the weekly top ten UKH galleries] is to click on the camera-'photos' icon from the main menu bar, choose weekly top 10 from the drop down, then top 10 mountain photos on UKH [I can see the most recent], but if I click on top 10 galleries on UKH and I end up in the above week. 

UKC galleries seem to be stuck here; 18/Apr/21 to 25/Apr/21

Post edited at 13:09
In reply to Rob Jarratt:

Sorry, I realised I had misunderstood what you were saying when I replied last night so emailed the site editors earlier today as it does seem something is wrong with the updating of with the weekly gallery top 10.

Hopefully they can sort it.

Sean Kelly 23 Aug 2021
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

It's not just me, then!

OP Rob Jarratt 23 Aug 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Yes, it's the weird dates that it seems to be stuck at that make me think there is a bug in the site.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...