UKC

I need a project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 23 Mar 2020

Any ideas for filming or photography projects that I could do from home?

IceKing 23 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Stop motion animation? I did one the winter before last with things cut out from magazines and small models. With music and captions it was a lot of fun. Can be absolutely anything.

Or set up an indoor studio and shoot a timelapse of something growing. Fungi, seeds growing, flowers opening. Plenty to do technically to get something to look good. 

OP The Lemming 23 Mar 2020
In reply to IceKing:

I do have a project in mind now that you remind me. I'm hoping to do a time-lapse of building an airfix Eagle Moon lander. I just need some cheap lighting but I don't know what to get. Any ideas?

The Stop Motion sounds like a great idea. Maybe the house magicly tidying itself up?

alx 23 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Lemming Haus of Erotic Nudes?

Featuring artistically placed RockFax guides or an old climbing shoe.

Blue Straggler 24 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

> I do have a project in mind now that you remind me. I'm hoping to do a time-lapse of building an airfix Eagle Moon lander. I just need some cheap lighting but I don't know what to get. Any ideas?

How big is the model ? For cheap lighting, if the model will fit, would one of those “eBay small item photography LED light tents” suit this? £15-20 

Mark Collins 24 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Do you have any pets? I caught our cat perfectly lit chilling on top of it's mountain the other day, best shot I have of him. 

IceKing 24 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I use four daylight colour led desk lamps, cheap from Lidl. With four can eliminate shadows and the colour means shots look realistic without having to mess with white balance, unlike other non photographic lighting. Guess your options are limited now with the lockdown though. 

OP The Lemming 24 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

This is what my sister sent me from Spain at 5am this morning.

She may be going a bit stir crazy with her Lock-Down. Nobody is allowed to leave their homes.

youtube.com/watch?v=SCwLZq6zkUk&

HeMa 24 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I have always preferred cats in a sharp-suit riding a roomba. Guess your sis did not have a cat available .

oh and Damn you Covid-19 and Lumix-week, as they had a GH5 for 999. Should have it soon and then run some comparison between my GH4r and the GH5, especially with the other new toy I got (Sirui 50mm anamorphic).

In reply to HeMa:

Trust me, my GH5 outperforms my beloved GH4. What I love especially is that you can take a snapshot of your settings and store them away from camera.

The bit rate alone makes for better footage.

balmybaldwin 24 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Macro photography.... just need to attract some insects or find spiders in the shed etc

In reply to balmybaldwin:

Ain't going anywhere near spiders.

HeMa 24 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Don't be a wuss, spiders ain't that bad and afaik there aren't any deadly spiders in UK... The nastiest one we have here in Finland is a diving bell spider, pretty equal to a sting from a wasp... and not all that common.

deepsoup 24 Mar 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

Would it help at all to know you could take photos of their cute little furry paws?
https://www.boredpanda.com/cute-spider-paws-photo/

In reply to deepsoup:

In a word.

No!

In reply to The Lemming:

I need to get out more, and its only Day One.

youtube.com/watch?v=4-xUUXG1eRg&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...