UKC

Is RX100 iv a decent upgrade over Canon S100?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tnj 22 May 2023

Hi all,

I’m looking at replacing my pocketable point and shoot for climbing, skiing and general landscape while I’m on the move and don’t want to take an SLR.  I’m thinking of upgrading my Canon S100 which is showing it’s age and am looking at an RX100 iv (second hand). Looking to get better low-light and hdr shots as well as better video quality. Plus, not need to plug it into a laptop to get the photos! I was wondering if people think the RX100 iv is a decent upgrade in these (or other) areas over the S100?

Any advice appreciated! 

Dan Arkle 22 May 2023
In reply to tnj:

Yes it will be better for all the things you mention. Probably about as good as you can get in a camera that size. 

A few of us on here have had cameras from that series that have died due to moisture/abuse - so look after it!

OP tnj 22 May 2023
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Thanks for your response Dan,

The lack of weather proofing does concern me. But, it seems from the little bit of research I’ve done that weatherproofing comes at quite a severe performance compromise at the same price point. Are there other similar cameras that seem to have a bit more of reputation for surviving a bit of weather? Getting a higher spec iPhone was one suggestion on another thread but Im not that keen on the idea.

Thanks

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...