UKC

Mabley Green Boulder photography exhibition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 12Holds 12 Jan 2023

Mabley Green: Class of '21 Exhibition

Yonder

9th Jan - 6th March

Launch evening: 13th Jan 6-8pm

For those of you who may have spent some of your lockdown exercise time there, you already know of the Mabley Green Boulder. If not, it's a large boulder of Cornish Granite, placed in a parking East London.

During the pandemic, it became the focus of a lot of London's climbing community, including my self.

It introduced a lot of people to joys of real rock and outdoor climbing, brought a whole community together and created many new friendships. On the whole, it made a large impact to a lot of peoples lives over those few months.

I photographed the community at the boulder during the November lockdown and released a photobook of the project last year titled Mabley Green: Class of '21.

You can view the project on my website

https://www.benhughesphotography.com/mabley-green-climbing-photography

You can also purchase copies of the book and prints

Yonder gym in E17 is currently hosting an exhibition of images from the book, and will be on display until the 6th of March.

*Disclaimer. I have attempted to get in touch with various people from UKC about reviewing, mentioning or featuring the publication but have yet to receive a reply. Hopefully this post is allowed. The project was made for the community to enjoy, and I would like as many people as possible to hear about it

Post edited at 11:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...