UKC

Moss Rigg Quarry, is it currently accessible?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PontiusPirate 10 Nov 2012
Before anyone moves this post, this is about a photographic location as I'm just planning on going in and taking pictures, or at least having a reccie as to it's bleak post-industrial possibilities (as I've a bit of an obsession with these huge quarried spaces). Before anyone states the obvious, I'm well aware of the dangers of places like this.

So: is it currently accessible? Is it fenced? Is it patrolled? Has it been re-opened (as a couple of nearby holes in the ground have been)? Anyone explored the supposedly 'Hodge-Close' sized 'closedhead'?

If it's off limits, then it's off limits and I accept that.

In the meantime I'll be doing some more trawling for info online..

PP.
 USBRIT 10 Nov 2012
In reply to PontiusPirate: As far as Moss Rigg ..who is going to stop you? ... Only sheep in that area...
OP PontiusPirate 10 Nov 2012
In reply to USBRIT: There's a couple of your routes in there, aren't there?!

Yeah - just thought I'd check as the aerial photography seemed to suggest that the track in was still clear and being used, making me wonder if it had been re-instated for contractors to work through the spoil (like the little ones further down the hill just above Hodge Close/Parrock).

This is for next w/e where I'm likely to have a rather packed itinerary of possible photo locations, so I thought I'd check to avoid wasting time (and limited daylight!)

Of course the weather is now likely to be so duff as to prevent any photography since I've planned all this out...

Cheers,

PP.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...