UKC

Phone or camera?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 20 Feb 2013
Are your photo taking habbits changing now that phones with cameras are in your pocket 24/7?

OP The Lemming 20 Feb 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

Just me then. I seem to find myself using my phone more and more for those impromptu moments. Other than faffing around hunting for my compact I just leave it at home and rely on the phone.

However if I am planning on going somewhere photogenic then I will pack a camera.

Surprisingly my camera takes good quality snap shots. It ain't a dSLR but it works as well as a compact.
 Kimono 20 Feb 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
for sure. I only use my iphone for taking photos now simply for the reason it is always with me
 Blue Straggler 20 Feb 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
>
>
> Surprisingly my camera takes good quality snap shots. It ain't a dSLR but it works as well as a compact.

Eh?
alanbill99 07 Mar 2013
In reply to The Lemming: Snap. I've just discovered Eye Fi Wifi cards though so it makes posting photos taken on my camera a whole lot easier to upload. All settings customizable too.
 GridNorth 07 Mar 2013
In reply to The Lemming: My phone is fine for quick snaps but as soon as you try to blow the image up it's crap. Even with just 1 "notch" in Photoshop it loses all definition. It's rated at 5Mega pixels but I think that all phones will struggle to compete with the quality of lense on a camera.
 Stone Muppet 07 Mar 2013
In reply to The Lemming: My usual workflow is now

take photo with phone
note how it's nowhere near as good as a compact camera
never share or upload it

About the only useful thing my phone camera does is take shots for phone wallpaper
Frogger 07 Mar 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

No not really... I love my SLR too much!
 Arjen 12 Mar 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

The pictures of my phone (galaxy S2) look good at phone-size, but that's it.
Also, there's no control whatsoever, and there is substantial lag between tapping the button and taking the picture. Moreover, taking a picture by pressing on a touch-screen is just really annoying.
My compact takes much, much better pictures then my phone, not in the last place because I'm able to control it properly.

I use my camera to take pictures of places where I can't see, and it does that quite well...
 Edd Reed 24 Mar 2013
In reply to Arjen:
> (In reply to The Lemming)
>
> The pictures of my phone (galaxy S2) look good at phone-size, but that's it.
> Also, there's no control whatsoever, and there is substantial lag between tapping the button and taking the picture. Moreover, taking a picture by pressing on a touch-screen is just really annoying.
> My compact takes much, much better pictures then my phone, not in the last place because I'm able to control it properly.
>
> I use my camera to take pictures of places where I can't see, and it does that quite well...

Ditto on the touch screen issues, Sony Miro is the same, no doubt an iphone fashion victim will pop up shortly to inform us that thier phone gives them a choice of button or screen
KevinD 24 Mar 2013
In reply to The Lemming:

not really i tend to carry a camera a fair amount of the time anyway and when i aint bothering to carry the s90 i rarely bother with the phone either.
 woolsack 24 Mar 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
> Are your photo taking habbits changing now that phones with cameras are in your pocket 24/7?

Yes, I have just bought another film camera and some lenses and this weekend took delivery of a whole load of darkroom stuff. I don't need any more mega pixels

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...