UKC

Photo editing software suggestions please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 05 Mar 2019

Im looking to get a different photo editing suite / software program but havent got the funds to buy Adobe photoshop (seems to be a monthly payment now?)

Ive been using Corel Paintshop pro X7 for several years and get fairly good results with it but feel I need something more.

I usually work with jpeg but occasionally Raw/NEF, rarely make HDR composites, quite happy with Microsoft ICE for stitching panoramas. Currently on Windows 7, plenty of ram and decent processor.

Ciro 05 Mar 2019
In reply to The Potato:

I use lightzone for general photo editing and Gimp for more in depth manipulation.

They are a bit less intuitive than the commercial packages, with a steeper learning curve, but once you get the hang of them fully featured, and free.

Post edited at 13:14
 HeMa 05 Mar 2019
In reply to The Potato:

Do you want a simple editor to edit one pic at a time? If yes -> GIMP has pretty much everything and them some...

Or mass operations for numerous pics. -> GIMP might still get ya going.

Not really any advanced editing needs, but mass operations and catalolg -> Google Picasa.

You want all the goodies of Lightroom  (workflow management, catalog stuff, mass operations and quite advanced editing). But cheap/free... -> Luminar, Affinity and Darktable. Some are still missing catalog side.

Joker, buy a lisence of and old Lightroom from Ebay... I got my LR5.7 for 5 quid a few years back.

Tom F Harding 05 Mar 2019
In reply to The Potato:

I'm using Affinity,  I find it generally excellent. Basically does everything you can do in Photoshop but its a once only price of £50 - you get updates as well. I still use GIMP occasionally for a few things.

OP The Potato 05 Mar 2019
In reply to The Potato:

thanks for the suggestions folks Ill 'bring out the gimp' and try affinity also

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...