UKC

Photos not displaying

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom F Harding 29 May 2019

I'm having issues with photographs not displaying on the site. I see the thumbnails but when I click on one, the page loads but without the actual photograph. This has always been a problem but a refresh of the browser normally prompted it to load - I am now unable to load nearly all photographs on the entire site.  I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10. 

This came up a few weeks ago but without resolution;

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/problems_viewing__pictures_on_t...

In reply to Tom F Harding:

What version of chrome are you running?

OP Tom F Harding 29 May 2019
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Can you view this image properly in the browser, or does it attempt to download it first? https://cdn.ukc2.com/i_webp/219340.webp?v=9522 

Post edited at 15:20
OP Tom F Harding 29 May 2019

It views it in browser, no downloading

OP Tom F Harding 30 May 2019

Thanks for that!

I suspect it's a chrome extension (maybe an ad-blocker) that is blocking the image loading for some reason. The format its trying to load is webp (a new-ish type far better than jpg), and I think an extension may not be playing ball with it!

Try disabling chrome extensions, and if that works, find out which one it was (and then let us know if possible!)

OP Tom F Harding 30 May 2019

Hi Andy, thanks for your patients. To be honest I can get them on my other computer and my phone so if this is too much hassle it may be worth blaming the  "gremlins" and moving on!

I disabled all my extensions, including my ad-blocker.. I only had that one and an adobe PDF thing. Still no luck though.  On a little side note, the photo isn't replaced by the little broken-link icon, its as if there was never a photograph in the first place.

WJM 30 May 2019

I have had the same with Safari - not with all photos though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...