UKC

Projecting pictures from a smartphone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I found a simple plastic box with a lens for projecting smartphone screens onto a wall/screen for about £12 but then found digital projectors for around £65 on the net.

The cheap version would make a fun gift for my granddaughter but the proper one might be useful for family use if its any good.

Does anyone out there have any experience of either of these?

chiroshi 16 Aug 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

If the projection is just relying on the light from a phone screen, I can't imagine it would be able to project very far unless you are in a completely pitch black room. 

I had a small projector that plugged directly into an iphone, I guess similar to the ones you have found for £65 which was good for projecting an image about the same size as a 32" tv about 1.5m from the projector. Any further away and the image was not bright enough. I doubt a £65 projector will have any kind of sound output either, so you'll need a decent pair of speakers to plug in.

They might be ok for sharing the odd photo, but by the time you've gone and dug the thing out of a drawer, closed the curtains, found a blank surface to project onto, focussed it. You may as well just pass the phone round!

Post edited at 15:43

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...