UKC

Second hand Panasonic camera?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 06 Jun 2018

I'm thinking of getting Miss lemming a second hand Panasonic M43 camera but I don't know what to look for.  I'm thinking of the MPB website but I'm open to other sites.

Any ideas for a M43 camera that is simple to use and can use my lenses?

OP The Lemming 06 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

I'm open to Olympus cameras as well as long as they will take my panny lenses.

Tom Valentine 06 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

I bought a Lumix G10 second hand as a vehicle for using my C/Y lenses with a converter.

Now I've started buying Panasonic lenses ,  my old  stuff stays in the bag and I rarely move the dial away from the "i" for idiot setting.

OP The Lemming 06 Jun 2018
In reply to Tom Valentine:

How would you rate the camera compared to stuff you've used?

Tom Valentine 06 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

Hard to say because I ve really only use the "i" button so far apart from the odd foray into Shutter Priority. (except when using C/Y lenses which only work in M mode or maybe AP as well).

Also I've neglected it a bit since the arrival of super superzoom Lumix bridge camera which probably has a year's worth of learning in its instructions.

HeMa 06 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

> Any ideas for a M43 camera that is simple to use and can use my lenses?

Pretty much any of them. GF or GM for smaller size, G or GX for bigger. All have the I-mode so pretty darn easy to use. 

Oly E-PL cameras are also a valid option (about the same size as Pany GFs).

Toerag 07 Jun 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

The Olympuses will take Panny lenses, but there are issues with purple banding/flare - Panasonic have some sort of UV filter over the sensor which removes this, but Olympus cameras don't have it thus suffer the banding. Google 'Panasonic lens purple' to learn more. If your lenses have stabilisation then this can be used on Olympus cameras, but not in conjunction with the IBIS on them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...