UKC

Smallish Tough Video Camera-With Stills

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dutybooty 30 Apr 2013
So, I'm looking for a small, waterproof, tough video camera.

Ideally I'd like it to be helmet mountable, HD, but relatively easily detached to use in the hand well. Possibly with the possibility to take stills or easily extract skills, and preferably reasonable good on battery.

Relatively impossible? I know. Anyone point me anywhere?
 David Barratt 30 Apr 2013
In reply to dutybooty: GoPro?
OP dutybooty 30 Apr 2013
In reply to dutybooty: Thought as much. But I literally know NOTHING about cameras. So wondered if there was something better out there.

Thanks.
 David Barratt 30 Apr 2013
In reply to dutybooty: There are other mountable cameras available, but Gopro is probably the most popular for a reason. One downside is that mountable cameras need to be small and one of the first things to go is the screen. so you can't view your photos. I think you might be able to buy this as a gopro accessory. lots of accessories available for gopro. I use mine for filming and stills. still new to me but I like it. I generally still take my normal camera with me as well.
 rallymania 06 May 2013
In reply to David Barratt:

with the latest batch of gopro's you can use the built in wireless and your smart phone to view / frame your shots as well as the addon lcd bacpac

that said battery life is not stupendous on most action cameras, but batteries are cheap

if you decide gopro might be your thing head over to
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/
for lots of good advice (be warned though like all things there are a lot of people on their just moaning about their cameras, these things are used by thousands of people but you only hear about people complaining... that said it's useful to know they aren't perfect before you buy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...