UKC

Snowdon Trinity Face Winter Climbing Video!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BALD EAGLE 18 Mar 2013
Morning All
During the recent cold spell in early March, my partners in crime and I managed an opportunistic smash and grab raid on the easy classic “Central Trinity” on Yr Wyddfa (aka Snowdon!) in North Wales on a perfect day of weather. Trinity Face was in winter raiment with "Central Trinity" especially in very good nick and the route provided most excellent sport, despite yours truly getting hit by a chunk of ice at 01.46...
The entertainment was duly recorded so for anyone interested in viewing a short HD film of this memorable day then please use the following link:
youtube.com/watch?v=fqJ4ru-oaSw&
Unsurprisingly, being a glorious Saturday, the face was very busy with a lot of traffic so there are quite a lot of unknown solo and roped climbers featured on routes such as the 3 Trinity Gullies and Little Gully, so do have a look as you may recognize yourself immortalised on film! Anyway all constructive feedback welcome and hopefully it will inspire a few folks to visit this superb face next time it freezes up!
Cheers
Dave
 deepstar 18 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Very enjoyable Dave,at least with this one I dont have to start planning another trip as I`ve done it.
OP BALD EAGLE 18 Mar 2013
In reply to deepstar:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) Very enjoyable Dave,at least with this one I dont have to start planning another trip as I`ve done it.

Thanks mate and I hope your day on the Trinity face was as good as ours!

deepstar 18 Mar 2013
 jshields 18 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Good video, highly enjoyable to watch when stuck in the office,
Thanks,
Jon
 Valley Boy 3 18 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Hi Dave, awesome video, awesome location and awesome weather, what more could you want. Video has gone straight into my favourites
 kiwi boy 18 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Excellent Dave yet again Bald Eagle production pulls it out of the bag. Atleast i dont have to plan a trip to central trinty as already got the tick. The video make me want to do it again in a flash.
Cheers
Andy
In reply to BALD EAGLE: That was brill, reminded me of great days on the Trinity Face that I've enjoyed...me and my missus did the Gribin Ridge that day so I was squinting to see if we had been caught on camera!

The opening sequence at Llynau Mymbyr? I think I was sat next to you taking this shot at the time...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31983899@N03/8523687961/in/photostream/lightbo...

Unless you were there slightly before me and it was someone else
 BusyLizzie 18 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Lovely! Your films get better and better.
 Stanners 18 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:
great vid monsieur Dave! song worked well too. From what I could see you used a go pro hero2, and something else.what was it? great footage.
OP BALD EAGLE 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Valley Boy 3, kiwi boy and j shields:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) Hi Dave, awesome video, awesome location and awesome weather, what more could you want. Video has gone straight into my favourites

Cheers guys, glad you enjoyed the video and many thanks for the positive feedback!

OP BALD EAGLE 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Nicholas Livesey:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) That was brill, reminded me of great days on the Trinity Face that I've enjoyed
> The opening sequence at Llynau Mymbyr? I think I was sat next to you taking this shot at the time...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31983899@N03/8523687961/in/photostream/lightbo...

> Unless you were there slightly before me and it was someone else

Hey Nicholas many thanks! Yeah that opening sequence and I'm sure you are right and we briefly spoke whilst I was frantically assembling my tripod + camcorder before the moon disappeared and my mates were waiting in the car ready to go climbing...
You would struggle to go wrong when the iconic view to Snowdon is so perfectly reflected on Llynau Mymbyr. Anyway great image of yours on Flickr so happy days!

goatee 19 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Nice video and looks like a super day out. Here's a link to a little bit of vid taken at a belay high on Carrauntoohil last week. It gives a good glimpse of the type of climb it was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P0XU2mR8BQg
OP BALD EAGLE 20 Mar 2013
In reply to Stanners:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE)
> great vid monsieur Dave! song worked well too. From what I could see you used a go pro hero2, and something else.what was it?

Cheers Stanners muchly appreciated! Yep well spotted the GPH2 but I predominately use a Panasonic V700 HD camcorder with a small, lightweight tripod then edit in a few GoPro shots to get an interesting mix of angles and views and hopefully end up with something watchable. On a couple of my recent videos I have managed to bribe my long suffering missus, with chocolate and cava, to come along a film the entertainment using my super-smooth but large + heavy "Slick" tripod. Definitely not the sort of tripod you would want to carry on a climb...
OP BALD EAGLE 20 Mar 2013
In reply to goatee:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) Nice video and looks like a super day out. Here's a link to a little bit of vid taken at a belay high on Carrauntoohil last week.

Hey goatee many thanks and yes indeedy it was a top day out!
Just had a chance to have a look at your short clip of curved gully ridge and it looks a grand day out! What grade does it go at?
 goatee 20 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE: Its a solid Grade IV 4. Very steep in sections but it can be broken into short pitches and has plenty of belays. Watch out for loose stuff though. I really enjoyed it.
OP BALD EAGLE 21 Mar 2013
In reply to goatee:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) Its a solid Grade IV 4. Very steep in sections but it can be broken into short pitches and has plenty of belays. Watch out for loose stuff though.

Hi goatee
Thanks! The route looks to be a fine outing so one to put on my ever-expanding list of things to do!
OP BALD EAGLE 22 Mar 2013
In reply to BusyLizzie:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE) Lovely! Your films get better and better.

Hey Lizzie muchly appreciated!
 Ireddek 22 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Dave they just keep getting better! Looks like you guys had a grand day out

OP BALD EAGLE 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Ireddek:
>
> Dave they just keep getting better! Looks like you guys had a grand day out

Hi Ireddek many thanks and indeedy it was a great day!

WildWeasel 24 Mar 2013
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Fab opening sequence with the relections of Snowdon over the lake and it looked a great day out!
OP BALD EAGLE 25 Mar 2013
In reply to WildWeasel:
>
> Fab opening sequence with the relections of Snowdon over the lake and it looked a great day out!

Many thanks and the reflection of the Snowdon Horseshoe and the moon on a millpond calm Llynau Mymbyr was pretty special!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...