UKC

UKClimbing photo comp winners announced

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rubbishy 24 May 2002
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC Editor:

Cool - Polar circus is a fab route.

You can now see the pictures *and* our explanations for why they're winners at http://www.ukclimbing.com/caff/features/winter2002comp.html . Once again, fab stuff by the winners.

Charles
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 May 2002
I thought the theme was winter climbing, 'A Sense of Scale' is Alpine summer without a doubt. Nice shot though,

Chris
 JR 27 May 2002
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Could be greenalnd......
 TobyA 27 May 2002
In reply to Chris Craggs: I agree, the blackness of the rock says summer to me - that gritty damp muddyness that rocks have when they appear from under snow.

It is a lovely photo - but it just doesn't look like winter.
Dave Collier 27 May 2002
In reply to TobyA:

And as the picture is dated July 2001 it's only going to be winter if it was taken in New Zealand or somewhere....
Mike Davies 27 May 2002
Perhaps I should have sent in a nice photo of my cat...
Ian Hill 27 May 2002
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC Editor: Colin Wells sent in nearly 30% of the photos entered!! I know it's not against the rules but you'd think he could be a bit more decisive regarding which was his best photo...I think you should limit future comps to maybe a max of five shots per person...up the average quality and all that
Dave Collier 27 May 2002
In reply to Mike Davies:

In winter plumage of course....
pasty 27 May 2002
In reply to Charles Arthur, UKC Editor: they were nice, now i understand why you didnt like my slugs, still i found then fascinating
 Vdiff Dave 27 May 2002

What is going on in the third photo? It looks like a giant frozen piss-sickle. Was this photo taken under the toilets at the goutier hut?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...