UKC

/ Very tempted, with the risk?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Fredt on 20 Jun 2018
craig h - on 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

It's a great lens, I managed to get one as a grey import from HDEW for £1,229.00 without any issues. Said I'd never get one that way again after being stung for import tax in the past.

The Amazon price is very low, I usually think if something is too good to be true it usually is. However I have possibly missed out on some good deals in the past. I'd be wary of this one myself. 

random_voodoo on 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

It’s advertised as sold and dispatched by an amazon market place seller not amazon directly. So I’d be wary

Mike_d78 - on 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Not much feedback for the seller either, suspicious? 

Stuart en Écosse - on 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

I've had one of those since not long after they came out. I really don't like zooms but it comes up with the goods every time so despite occasionally saying that I'll sell it, I probably won't. It's also very heavy but balances well on a 5 or 1D. Might be a little heavy on a 6D but more than acceptable.

They generally sell 2ndhand for between £1000 & £1400 from the likes of MPB, Wex etc, so keep your eyes open, there are plenty around.

Grey area - on 21 Jun 2018
In reply to random_voodoo:

Its not, its sold by a reseller but fulfilled by Amazon- I believe that means Amazon have the lens in their warehouse and they dispatch it. I reckon this one is actually fairly safe.

Fredt on 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Bugger! the price just went up by £1100!

random_voodoo on 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Grey area:

Not the lens advertised last night at £550. Which has now gone. 

Fredt on 21 Jun 2018
In reply to random_voodoo:

... and now its back at £550.... 

I'm in turmoil.

Edit. Lots of complaints about the seller yesterday.

Post edited at 12:41
balmybaldwin - on 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Look up what protection you get with Amazon.... It's pretty good, then if it turns out to be fake, poor condition etc you'll get your money back

Jon Read - on 21 Jun 2018
In reply to balmybaldwin:

I've got no idea which seller/lens you are referring to -- the link in the first post sends me to the Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II page, for which the cheapest new is £1,459.99 (& FREE Delivery, woohoo) sold by pompi. 

Fredt on 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Jon Read:

Yesterday that lens was £550 from ‘brandshoes’

This morning they had disappeared and the more realistic price was there from a different seller. Then the £550 from brandshoes was back, when I posted.

Now it’s gone again. I suspect Amazon have taken them down.

The link is for that item, irrespective of seller and price.

Post edited at 14:32
Jon Read - on 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Ah, ok! Sounds like you had a lucky escape. 

This site may help, if you really want to buy one new:

https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Canon/Canon-EF-lenses/Canon-EF-24-70mm-f2.8L-II-USM-Lens

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.