UKC

Very tempted, with the risk?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 craig h 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

It's a great lens, I managed to get one as a grey import from HDEW for £1,229.00 without any issues. Said I'd never get one that way again after being stung for import tax in the past.

The Amazon price is very low, I usually think if something is too good to be true it usually is. However I have possibly missed out on some good deals in the past. I'd be wary of this one myself. 

random_voodoo 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

It’s advertised as sold and dispatched by an amazon market place seller not amazon directly. So I’d be wary

Mike_d78 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Not much feedback for the seller either, suspicious? 

Removed User 20 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

I've had one of those since not long after they came out. I really don't like zooms but it comes up with the goods every time so despite occasionally saying that I'll sell it, I probably won't. It's also very heavy but balances well on a 5 or 1D. Might be a little heavy on a 6D but more than acceptable.

They generally sell 2ndhand for between £1000 & £1400 from the likes of MPB, Wex etc, so keep your eyes open, there are plenty around.

Grey area 21 Jun 2018
In reply to random_voodoo:

Its not, its sold by a reseller but fulfilled by Amazon- I believe that means Amazon have the lens in their warehouse and they dispatch it. I reckon this one is actually fairly safe.

OP Fredt 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Bugger! the price just went up by £1100!

random_voodoo 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Grey area:

Not the lens advertised last night at £550. Which has now gone. 

OP Fredt 21 Jun 2018
In reply to random_voodoo:

... and now its back at £550.... 

I'm in turmoil.

Edit. Lots of complaints about the seller yesterday.

Post edited at 12:41
 balmybaldwin 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Look up what protection you get with Amazon.... It's pretty good, then if it turns out to be fake, poor condition etc you'll get your money back

Jon Read 21 Jun 2018
In reply to balmybaldwin:

I've got no idea which seller/lens you are referring to -- the link in the first post sends me to the Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II page, for which the cheapest new is £1,459.99 (& FREE Delivery, woohoo) sold by pompi. 

OP Fredt 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Jon Read:

Yesterday that lens was £550 from ‘brandshoes’

This morning they had disappeared and the more realistic price was there from a different seller. Then the £550 from brandshoes was back, when I posted.

Now it’s gone again. I suspect Amazon have taken them down.

The link is for that item, irrespective of seller and price.

Post edited at 14:32
 Jon Read 21 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Ah, ok! Sounds like you had a lucky escape. 

This site may help, if you really want to buy one new:

https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Canon/Canon-EF-lenses/Canon-EF-24-70mm-...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...