UKC

Voluntary film maker request

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stanners 25 Jun 2018

Evening all, I was wondering if anyone fancied a week of unpaid, unappealing, potentially pointless filming 16-22nd July ? Here’s why..

I intend to be riding my newly acquired (second hand) folding bike from lands end to John O groats in under 7 days. On route I will be summiting each of the three peaks (Snowden, Scarfell, Ben Nevis) with my folding bike in hand at each summit as part of the stupidity-I mean challenge. 

I will be raising money on a small level for cancer research UK and think it would make a good short film for the following reasons:

- I’m 6ft3 and look ridiculous on my small folding bike 

- I will be unsupported, and edging on the limits of human suffering as I haven’t ridden a bike further than a mile for about 3 years 

- I will not be quitting voluntarily (the footage in the ambulance will be a sufficient ending should the attempt fail) 

- I genuinely believe I can do it, but may cry a lot and have a saw bottom 

Looking for someone free to follow me up throughout the week catching the irresponsible suffering on film to co-edit into a small film with a sense of humour. Happy to share fuel expenses and discuss any concerns. 

Drop me a message if you’re potentially interested. Looking forward to hearing from you.

cheers

Rob 

summo 26 Jun 2018
In reply to Stanners:

> I intend to be riding my newly acquired (second hand) folding bike from lands end to John O groats in under 7 days.

>  I haven’t ridden a bike further than a mile for about 3 years 

Are you sure these two sentences go together? 

Lusk 26 Jun 2018
In reply to summo:

Only about 145 miles a day plus the three peaks on tiny wheels ... how could he possibly fail?!
Got to admire his optimistic ambitiousness though!

FactorXXX 26 Jun 2018
In reply to Lusk:

> Only about 145 miles a day plus the three peaks on tiny wheels ... how could he possibly fail?!

Reminds me a bit of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=qNaqRgGOuQQ&

Dom Bush 26 Jun 2018
In reply to Stanners:

Sounds like a genuinely funny film to make. I'm a filmmaker, but can't spare the time I'm afraid.

There is no way you can ride nearly 900miles in 7 days on a folding bike with no training though. Are you mental?

Could you give yourself a bit more time?

krikoman 26 Jun 2018
In reply to Stanners:

Let us know how you get on won't you.

I was saw a bloke riding up Hard Know Pass on a child's bike, it was very funny.

Well done

I'll sponsor you 10p a mile, too. Let me know how much I owe you.

Post edited at 11:53
 Siward 26 Jun 2018
In reply to Dom Bush:

Three weeks is plenty of training time but I'd suggest to the OP that he'd best get to it. 

Presumably the cameraman will need a bike, or are cars allowed?

The saw bottom will be worth the filming

Post edited at 12:34
 krikoman 26 Jun 2018
In reply to Siward:

> The saw bottom will be worth the filming

Is that some sort of magic trick? 

In reply to FactorXXX:

I was thinking this 

youtube.com/watch?v=HUWCeAzkc2Q&

ianstevens 27 Jun 2018
In reply to Stanners:

You might want to learn how to spell the names of the hills concerned for any press release.

Moving away from pedantry, including Snowdon will add a big detour to the typical LEJOG route - 100 extra miles off the top of my head? Presume you have considered this, but...

Best of luck and all, you sound wildly under prepared but could be fun nonetheless

summo 27 Jun 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

Would not worry. I think he might run out of time before reaching the first hill. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...