UKC

Back to the Future for the Climbers Shop

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
Back to the Future for the Climbers Shop

If you’ve visited the Climbers Shop in the last few days you’ve probably noticed they’re having some work done at the front of the store. Its marking the start of some exciting changes at the Ambleside store
Long standing customers of the Climbers shop will remember when the front of the store was a dedicated climbing gear department. Well ..it’s back, only better, brighter and with a load of new gear.

The reinstating of the climbing department is all part of a shop wide overhaul which they hope to refocus the direction of the shop back to their core business –It is the ‘Climbers’ shop after all.

Now part of the Joe Browns group of shops (based in North Wales), these two shops share a very strong climbing heritage. TCS believe it makes sense to go back to their roots and become THE destination climbing store in the South Lakes once again. The store will also benefit from a bit of a revamp over the coming months, the first big change being the relocation of their climbing department, back to where it belongs, in pride of place at the entrance to the shop.

Don’t worry if you aren’t a climber or mountaineer though as the Climbers Shop will still be stocking everything you need for fell walking and trail running too. The Climbers Shop is still going to be very much a multi sport mountain shop, as it always has been
 martinph78 02 Mar 2012
In reply to The Climbers Shop: Great stuff. I just say a recent visit was a little disappointing. I thought, like you obviously have, that it wasn't "the climbers shop". The new layout should fix this (in my opinion). Look forward to popping in again

I reckon a coffee machine wouldn't go amiss though :p

In reply to Martin1978:
We have suggested the coffee machine idea before, so who knows it may become a reality?!
 martinph78 03 Mar 2012
In reply to The Climbers Shop: Until then I'll bring a thermos

Look forward to visiting, should be over in a few weeks.
 dangerdave 04 Mar 2012
In reply to The Climbers Shop: Came in yesterday a bought Mammut clothing. Great new layout, excellent stock and VERY helpful staff. My 1st choice of shop.
David

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...