UKC

Books and random kit for sale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Mike D 05 Jan 2019

Books:

Mountaineering in Antarctica: Climbing in the Frozen South, by Damien Gildea. Excellent cond. £8.

Lightweight Alpine Climbing with Peter Croft.  A slim (lightweight!) book from the 90s but worth a read, for Croft’s stories if nothing else. £2.

Free Climbing with John Bachar.  As above. £2.

Winter Climbs in the Cairngorms, by Allen Fyffe.  The Cicerone guide, published 2000.  A good select guide. Well used but good cond. £5.

Scrambles in Snowdonia, by Steve Ashton. The Cicerone guide, reprinted 2010.  Seems quite dated now but plenty good enough to use.  Very good cond. £3.

Siurana. The landscape locals’ guide published in 2010 (I think there's a 2018 version out now). Decent condition (some ticks). £9.

Mistral 2 – Sudfrankreich Ost. A select German guide to SE France. Very good condition. £2.

Bouldering in Scotland. The landscape Stone Country guide published 2008.  Not the most recent guide but a cracking little book of some of the best bouldering across Scotland. Very good condition, apart from a few ticks. £6.

Scottish Sport Climbs. SMC guide, published 2013. Very good condition, apart from a few ticks. £20.

Pembroke Rockfax. Latest (2009). Barely used as I’ve other Pembs guides I prefer but this is a great overview of Range East. Excellent condition, apart from a few random ticks. £15.

Ice World, by Jeff Lowe. Good cond. £5.

Map:

Jaspar & Maligne Lake, ‘Gem Trek’ 1:100k hiking map. Well used but perfectly fine. £3.

Kit:

Lifesaver 4000UF filtration bottle. Unused. About the size of a large Thermos, this hand-pump-cum-water-bottle can filter 4,000L. Bought for an expedition but never taken in the end. RRP £100+. £40.

La Sportiva Trango S Evo Goretex boots. Size 42 (8). Blue. These are superb lightweight boots. B2. Well used but plenty of life left in them - a few small nicks out of the rand and general minor wear, but loads left in the tread and the boot generally. Only selling as don't fit any longer (who knew that it's common for your feet to grow in your early 30s...!!). They have a semi-moulded footbed in which I'll include but you'll probably want to replace (I'll see if I can dig out some standard footbeds). Currently on sale on a popular climbers' website for £225. Asking for £90.

Marmot Precip waterproof trousers.  Mens medium. Very well used, and several neat repairs with tape, but plenty of life left.  May require a re-coating as they haven’t done anything other than sit in bottom of my pack for the last few years. Light blue. £8.

Rab Survival Zone bivi bag.  Okay condition, not great (some black smudge staining on the bag but I think this is only cosmetic). This is an old version (bought c 2005) and is quite a simple design (ie. the hood isn’t great!) but it is light and packs down small. I never found it breathable enough for me so it hasn’t been used loads. Blue, with an orange stuff bag. £7.

Silk Liner. By Sea to Summit, mummy shaped.  Excellent condition. Bought a couple years ago for hut use when I forgot mine on a trip (has been carefully washed since). These retail at fifty quid plus, so asking for £30.

Scott Ski Poles.  Pair of Scott "Team Issue" poles, 120cm.  Well used but only wear is chips to paint, still straight and perfectly functional. Black with white (was previously lumi yellow but that's faded) lettering.  Used for approx 12 weeks. These are superb poles in my opinion - baskets are a good compromise for most conditions and the ergo grips really are brilliant. Different to most poles, these have Scott's "SRS" system that releases your wrist strap if it's pulled too hard (in a crash or caught in the trees etc). I'm including a new pair of SRS wrist straps (as the new poles I've bought are also SRS so I've moved the new straps across to these and I'll use the older ones on my new poles). £25 for the pair.

Petzl Ice Flutes x5. Used but good condition. All the rubber and plastic parts are still fine. £10.

Montane Terra Stretch trousers. Blue. Mens Medium, regular length. Excellent condition (as new, worn once, don’t fit). No belt (if it came with one….!). £25.

Prana Jeans.  Mens Axiom jeans, 30W, 32L. Excellent condition. "Antique stonewash" (ie. normal) colour. £25.

BD Lobster Mitt – LEFT HAND ONLY.  Free. Medium. Yep, I managed to lose the other one (rather guttingly on their very first outing, on Scorpion on Carn Etchachan).  Seems a shame to throw it away and a good left hand mitt might be handy to someone?

Metolius GripSaver Plus. Used but decent condition. £6.

Buyer pays postage. Or pickup in Sheffield. 

Happy to take pics or answer questions, but I’m away from 11th Jan for a month so happy to reserve stuff for people but anything not posted by then will have to wait I'm afraid.

Ta for looking,

Mike

Post edited at 00:40
 Dell 06 Jan 2019
In reply to Mike D:

Yhm. Re: Montane terra. 

RBonney 06 Jan 2019
In reply to Mike D:

I've emailed you about the bottle. 

Idealstandard 06 Jan 2019
In reply to Mike D:

I’ve messaged about the bivvy 

OP Mike D 07 Jan 2019

Update. Following sold: Montane trousers; Lifesaver filter; Rab bivi bag; Peter Croft book.

OP Mike D 07 Jan 2019

Ice flutes & N Wales scrambles guide also now gone.

Andy Sheridan 17 Jan 2019
In reply to Mike D:

I've emailed about the silk liner.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...