UKC

Books and rare signatures for sale.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Linda Orritt 07 May 2022

All books in nice condition some fine or brand new. All are first hardbacks unless otherwise stated. All proceeds to Community Action Nepal. 

Al Alvarez   Feeding the Rat.  Signed by Tut Braithwaite and Hamish MacInness.    £49

Chris Bonington.  Everest S W Face  signed by Sir Chris, Tut Braithwaite Pertemba Sherpa and Ang Phurba      £49

Walter Bonatti   A Mes Montagnes  French paperback with the facsimile signature of Bonatti  £15

Bonington, Boysen, Hankinson, Haston, Sandhu and Scott  Changabang   Signed by Bonington, Boysen, Hankinson, Haston and Scott  extremely rare  £273

Martin Boysen  Hanging On  Signed by Martin Boysen    £20

W E Bowman   The Ascent of Rum Doodle  hardback copy with a dust wrapper  £37

The First 50 yrs of the BMC  signed by George Band, Chris Bonington, Joe Brown, and John Hunt   £37

John Cleare Tony Smythe   Rock Climbers in Action in Snowdonia  2 copies both rep edition 1967.  Both signed by John Cleare  both are £73

Crew Soper Wilson   The Black Cliff  from the library of John Sheard and with his signature in  £77

Albert Eggler   Gipfel Uber Den Wolken  in German signed by Jurg Marmet  (summited in 1956 at 28 the youngest person to do so)   £49

Albert Eggler  The Everest Lhotse Adventure signed by Hans Ruedi Von Gunten (with a brief dedication)   Hans was the third man to summit Everest in 1956 as part of the Swiss expedition £57

Ronald Faux   A High Ambition -Biography of Reinhold Messner  Special edition   Signed by Faux and by Messner  £57

Giusto Gervasutti   Gervasutti’s Climbs. Paperback. £10

Peter Gilman  In Balance. £10

Harding MacGregor and Dunnett. Shackleton’s Boat. £27

Heinrich Harrer.  Geheimnis Africa in German signed by Harrer.  £37

Alfred Lansing.  Endurance Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage (Fine cond )  £37

Dave MacLeod   9 Out Of 10 Climbers Make The Same Mistakes   Signed by MacLeod  fine copy  £21

Hamish MacInnes   Look Behind the Ranges  Signed by Hamish and Tut Braithwaite   £27

Geoff Milburn   Helyg  signed Ltd Edition no 203 of 500  £17

C Douglas Milner   Rock for Climbing  ( owners gift dedication in front)  £10

Helen Mort   Never Leave the Dog Behind  signed by Helen   £13

W R Neate  Mountaineering and it’s Literature  ( A book collector’s ‘Bible’)   £19

Eric Newby   A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush 1972 edition  signed by Newby with a brief amusing dedication.  £63

Mark Radtke.  A Canvas of Rock. Brand New. Signed by Mark Radtke. £37

Gaston Rebuffat Mont Blanc to Everest ( from the library of John Sheard and has his signature in) £27

Doug Scott and Alex MacIntyre.  Shishapangma p/b copy. Signed by Doug Scott  £19 

Postcard - Xixabangma Expedition to Tibet 1982

Signed by Roger Baxter Jones, Alex MacIntyre, Nick Prescott and Doug Scott  (I have never seen the signature of Alex MacIntyre - it’s very rare)  £127

John Sheard and Mark Radtke   Pete Livesey Fast and Free   Brand new  Signed by both John and Mark  £49

David Smart   Emilio Comici - Angel of the Dolomites   Signed by David Smart and last years Boardman Tasker winner   £37

Joe Tasker   Everest the Cruel Way   Signed by John Porter   £37

Lionel Terray   Conquistadors of the Useless ( nice copy)   £34

Jim Whittaker   A Life on the Edge   Signed by Whittaker and also Tom Hornbein   £54

Don Whillans  Portrait of a Mountaineer   Signed ‘to Alan best wishes Don Whillans’  £97

Pete Whittaker   Crack Climbing  brand new p/b £21

Wild Running  Jen and Sim Benson  p/b new  £12

The Perfect Mile   Neil Bascomb  £15

Everest by those who were There  Alpine Club Exhibition book  p/b  signed by Vic Saunders  £21

Any questions answered and photos supplied  please email me  

DGM2 08 May 2022
In reply to Linda Orritt:

Hi Linda,

A nice selection of books. I’d take Hanging On,  50 years of the BMC and Emilio Comici if available.

Thank you,

David

GCO 08 May 2022

Hello Linda,

I’d like the Everest South-West Face book if you still have it please.

thanks,

Gerry

OP Linda Orritt 08 May 2022
In reply to DGM2:

Great thank you. Yes they’re yours. 

OP Linda Orritt 08 May 2022
In reply to GCO:

Thank you. It’s yours

Gary Gibson 09 May 2022
In reply to Linda Orritt:I recently read Canvas on Rock, what a wonderful book about climbing mates, friendship and camaraderie: I can fully recommend it!

got any of Blood, Sweat and Smears left?

OP Linda Orritt 09 May 2022
In reply to Gary Gibson:

Hi Gary. Yes just one ( and my own treasured copy of course) 

Gary Gibson 09 May 2022
In reply to Linda Orritt:still got a few more left, direct from me at £15.75 including p&p 

GCO 10 May 2022

Hello Linda,

the book arrived safely this morning. As always, it was expertly packaged. It really is a lovely copy and will be a valued addition to my collection.

Gerry

OP Linda Orritt 10 May 2022

Everest S W Face

Hanging on/Boysen

1st 50 Years

9 out of 10 Climbers

Pete Livesey/Fast and Free

Emilio Comici

are all now sold  thank you

smithsroute 10 May 2022
In reply to Linda Orritt: I will take RBJ postcard if still available - thanks

OP Linda Orritt 10 May 2022
In reply to smithsroute:

Hi. Yes it’s available. I will mail you with details. Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 11 May 2022

The postcard is now sold thank you

Babika 12 May 2022

Hello Linda 

I would like The Black Cliff please. I've dm'd you

Many thanks

OP Linda Orritt 12 May 2022

The Black Cliff is now sold. Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 13 May 2022

I’m amazed that Feeding the Rat and Rum Doodle haven’t been snapped up - both are tricky to find especially signed by Hamish. Lovely and clever guy no longer with us. 

OP Linda Orritt 14 May 2022

Crack climbing now sold. Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 14 May 2022

A High Ambition now sold. Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 24 May 2022

Feeding the Rat and A Canvas of Rock are now sold. Thank you. 

OP Linda Orritt 24 May 2022

This post is in its last week now and there are a few good books left. (Rum Doodle is hard to find in hardback. )

OP Linda Orritt 25 May 2022

Changabang is now sold. Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 26 May 2022

One of the Rock Climbers in Action in Snowdonia is now sold. ( both are signed by John Cleare). 

OP Linda Orritt 26 May 2022

If I sell an expensive book I try to deliver it ( if possible) and I usually take a lemon drizzle cake as a thank you. The recipient of Changabang was happy with his cake today! 
only a couple of days left on this post now but some great books still for sale. 🙏

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...