UKC

Books, signed books and postcards for Charity

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

All books are hardback first editions in great condition for their age, unless otherwise stated. 
postage is extra  usually £3.20  

Al Alvarez. Feeding the Rat signed by Chris Bonington and Paul Braithwaite.     £23

George Band. Summit 150 years of the Alpine Club. Signed by Chris Bonington Paul Braithwaite Mick Fowler and John Porter. As new.    £37

Arlene Blum. Annapurna signed by Arlene and dedicated to Maggie ( Body). From the library of Maggie Body.     P/b       £25

Peter Boardman The Shining Mountain. Signed by Chris Bonington.        £25

Peter Boardman Sacred Summits Signed by Paul Braithwaite.         £25

Walter Bonatti On the Heights. Lovely copy for 1964.     £37

Chris Bonington.    Annapurna South Face.   signed by Chris and by Paul Ross.       £23

Chris Bonington. Boundless Horizons signed by Sir Chris, Pertemba Sherpa and Paul Ross. Happy to get Paul Braithwaite to sign this also if wanted. 
£37

Breashears and Salkeld.  Last Climb. As new. £12

Douglas Busk. The Delectable mountains 1946 from the library of Nat Allen who has written his name in and dated  “Jan 1973”.       £34

Ricardo Cassin. 50 years of Alpinism. Straight signed by Cassin.      £170

Jim Curran  Trango  foreword signed by Chris Bonington.     £19

Ronald Faux.  Everest Goddess of the Wind signed by Chris Bonington Paul Braithwaite Martin Boysen Kenton Cool Hamish McInnes Ian Parnell Alan Hinkes and John Porter.   £67

Richard Gilbert. Young Explorers  Inspirational bk for a teacher-covers 5 expeditions by youngsters. Signed by author.   £21

Dennis Gray.   Rope Boy.     £15

Peter Habeler. Everest Impossible Victory signed by Habeler.      £27

Monica Jackson and Elizabeth Stark.  Tents in the Clouds. Travel bk club 1st ed The first Woman’s Himalayan expedition.     £12

Martin Mobraton And Stian Christopherson.  
The Climbing Bible. Large P/b  brand new.   £27

Hamish McInnes.   The Fox of Glencoe special edition. Brand new cloth bound    £53

W H Murray.  Undiscovered Scotland Very nice copy    £27

Tenzing Norgay.  After Everest. 1st book club edition. Includes a signed 1st day of issue postcard. Signed by Tenzing and stamped and posted in Katmandhu.     £93

Paul Nunn.  At the Sharp End. Signed by Chris Bonington and Paul Braithwaite.    £23

Wilfred Noyce.   Climbing the Fish’s Tail. 1958 bk. hard to find now.    £37

Nimsdai Purja.   Beyond Possible. Signed by Nims.  £39

Jamling Tenzing Norgay   Touching My Father’s Soul.   1st English ed.  £19

Don Whillans.  Portrait of a Mountaineer.  Signed.  “Alan best wishes Don Whillans”.  Very nice condition.   £130

The first 50 years of the BMC.  Signed by George Band Joe Brown John Hunt and Chris Bonington no 156 of 500 special edition copies.    £43

W H Pearshall.  Mountains and Moorlands.   1950 1st Ed.   Prev owners name inside.    £10

Keith Richardson.   The Greta. The story of a Lakeland River. Brand new. Signed by Keith and given to me via Paul Ross to sell for Community Action.  £15

John Player Everest cards. A full series of twenty cards.    £57

Xixapangma Expedition to Tibet 1982 postcard Signed by Paul Braithwaite, stamped and postmarked. Quite rare as none got posted.  £13

Please email me with any questions or requests for photos. All proceeds go to Community Action Nepal as usual. 

In reply to Linda Orritt:

I also have many copies of the Alpine Journal ( from 1957 onwards).  Email me if you are missing one?  £3 each plus postage please. These are good reading on their own. 

Xixapangma postcard now sold. Thank you

Out of interest what does "straight" signed by Cassin mean? I have a signed copy of the same book I bought when he did a lecture in Edinburgh in 1981.

In reply to Robert Durran:

It means It’s just his signature. It doesn't say ‘best wishes’ or to suchabody. Hope that explains it. 
it’s book speak - I’ve become a book person doing this volunteer fundraising! It’s very interesting though. I wish I had met Cassin

> It means It’s just his signature. It doesn't say ‘best wishes’ or to suchabody. Hope that explains it. 

Thanks. Same as mine then.

> it’s book speak - I’ve become a book person doing this volunteer fundraising! It’s very interesting though. I wish I had met Cassin.

The lecture I went to was on one level very dull, with Cassin giving very matter of fact accounts through an interpreter. On the other hand I had to keep reminding myself hat I was listening to a God talking first hand about some of the greatest climbs in history!

Tenzing Norgay After Everest and the signed post card now sold. Thank you

Ricardo Cassin now sold. Thank you. 

komeyria55 06 Oct 2021

Nimsdai Purja.   Beyond Possible. Signed by Nims is available ?? 

In reply to komeyria55:

Yes it is. Email me? I’ll give you bank details  then I need your address if you would like the book. Thanks

Al Alvarez 

Arlene Blum

Peter Habeler  and 

Paul Nunn are all sold. Thank you 

On the Heights Bonatti is now sold. Thank you

The first 50 years of the BMC is now sold. Thank you. 

louiswain 09 Oct 2021

Hi Linda - I've messaged you about the Douglas Busk/ Nat Allen.

Cheers

Nick

Douglas Busk, The Delectable Mountains is now sold. Thank you. 

Babika 12 Oct 2021

I'm thrilled with the Tenzing book and postcard - thank you. Feels like I'm holding a piece of history. 

I visited Nepal in 2019 and this couldn't be a more deserving charity. I hope you have lots of sales and donations Linda. 

In reply to Babika:

Thank you very much. I too was in Nepal in November 2019. It’s an amazing place. 

Saturday sale! 
just for this weekend ( ends Monday ) £5 off all remaining books. Please buy? 

Update 

The books still available are:-

George Band / Summit. 150 years of the Alpine Club. Signed by Bonnington , Braithwaite, Fowler and Porter. 

Pete Boardman. / Shining Mountain signed by Bonington. 

Boardman / Sacred Summits. Signed by Braithwaite 

Bonington / Annapurna signed by Bonington and Paul Ross

Bonington / Boundless Horizons. Signed by Bonington, Pertemba and Paul Ross. 

Breashears and Salkeld. / Last Climb

Jim Curran. / Trango. Foreword signed by Bonington. 

Everest Goddess of the Wind. Signed by Bonington, Braithwaite, Boysen, Cool, McInnes, Parnell and Hinkes. 

Richard Gilbert. / Young Explorers. Signed by Gilbert. 

Gray / Rope  Boy

Tents in the Clouds. / Jackson and Stark. 

The Climbing Bible. 

The Fox of Glencoe 

Murray. / Undiscovered Scotland 

Wilfred Noyce / Climbing the Fish’s Tail

Nims Purja / Beyond Possible. Signed

Jamling Tenzing Norgay / Touching my Fathers Soul. 

Don Whillans. / Portrait of a Mountaineer. Signed-to Alan 

Pearshall / Mountains and Moorlands 

Keith Richardson / The Greta 

And a Full Series of twenty Everest cards. 

louiswain 21 Oct 2021

Hi Linda

Book safely received this morning. Thanks so much!

Cheers

Nick

yhm regarding The Shining Mountain and Annapurna South Face

Pete Boardman The Shining Mountain, Chris Bonington Annapurna, and Dennis Grey Rope Boy all now sold. Thank you. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...