UKC

**Extreme Rock**

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 chris m fisher 04 Oct 2017

premier post photo
No intro needed - the ultimate climbers coffee table book!

Have found myself in the position of owning two copies... only seems fair to share the psyche.

This copy is in generally good nick, though the dust jacket is slightly dog-eared (see photo). More photos available upon request.

£200 including P&P.
Post edited at 21:25
 Babika 05 Oct 2017
In reply to chris m fisher:

rofl
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

Being a devotee of Extreme Rock, I can assure you that ticking the wishlist and owning the book are two very different things - you miss out on all the stories, pictures, descriptions and so much more.

I spent £145 on mine a few years back and were I not to have bought one then would happily buy one now for £200.

jon 07 Oct 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> I spent £145 on mine a few years back and were I not to have bought one then would happily buy one now for £200.

Now then Rob, all discerning Extreme Rock owners know that they should have two: a working copy and a collectors' copy. I just happen to have a couple of spare ones...

In reply to jon:

I've always been a 'books are there to be used' kind of guy. Whilst Extreme Rock is precious to me, the rips/tears/sweat/tears are equally precious (plus I now feel £200 richer than I did 30 seconds ago)
 Larefia 10 Oct 2017

Your networth is about £50 less according to a well known online auction site
In reply to Larefia:

It's not me selling the guide...

My £145 investment appears to have stood the test of time, not that I'm looking to sell it and take advantage of it
 Michael Gordon 10 Oct 2017
In reply to chris m fisher:

If by 'sharing the psyche' you mean cashing in...
 Tobes 10 Oct 2017

Seems a standard price, several copies currently on EBay ranging from £180 to £260.

It’s all about condition (I’d expect Ex+ for this price though) and collectible items like this are worth what people are prepared to pay (with the exception of climbers that is!)

Put the hours in and you might eventually find a copy in a charity shop for a few quid but any book shop who knows their stuff won’t let this go for anything less than a ton or so.

Larefia 11 Oct 2017

the rips/tears/sweat/tears are the real investment
baron 11 Oct 2017
In reply to Tobes:

Not a bad financial return for a book that initially cost £24.95!
 Cheese Monkey 11 Oct 2017

I'd rather spend £200 on actually climbing and making my own stories than reading others
baron 12 Oct 2017
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

£200 is certainly a huge amount of money to spend on a book.
I don't know how many were printed but I guess it must have been a low number to justify today's prices.
I can remember the excitement of waiting for the book to be released and people having to decide whether to spend the money on buying it or on climbing gear/trips.
Looking at the book today it's no big deal but back in pre internet days it was a chance to gaze at some photos which had never been seen before and to read some inspiring articles.
Nowadays we have google.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...