UKC

Kendal Mountain Festival: What's On/Buy Tickets

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
Find out what is on at this year's Kendal Mountain Festival and buy tickets.

Head on to: http://www.mountainfest.co.uk for more details.

Puppythedog 11 Aug 2013
In reply to Kendal Mountain Festival: I can't see how to buy tickets.
 Mark Collins 12 Aug 2013
In reply to puppythedog: Hope this answers your question James:
http://www.mountainfest.co.uk/films.cfm
 Mark Collins 16 Aug 2013
In reply to Kendal Mountain Festival: Booked our accommodation earlier this week and was shocked at the lack of choice so early. I didn't book till mid-September last year and my memory is telling me I had plenty of options.

Also, The Last Great Climb Premiere (Leo Houlding and co in Antarctica) is one of the early bird ticket options and will surely sell out before long, so let this be a warning to those expecting things to be like last year. About a quarter of the tickets have gone so far. I know this because for the first time ever, as far as I can remember you can pick where you sit.

PS I don't work for the festival, just don't want folk to miss out.
 tony 22 Aug 2013
In reply to Mark Collins:
> (In reply to puppythedog) Hope this answers your question James:
> http://www.mountainfest.co.uk/films.cfm

Not really - it doesn't show which films are being shown when. I don't want a film pass - I just want tickets for a particular film.
 Mark Collins 24 Aug 2013
In reply to tony:
> (In reply to Mark Collins)
> [...]
>
> Not really - it doesn't show which films are being shown when. I don't want a film pass - I just want tickets for a particular film.

You might have better luck directing your question at the event organisers rather than myself, there is an email address at the bottom of their website.

However, for what its worth through my experience of visiting this festival over the last decade or so, it won't have been organised to the extent you require as yet. For instance, the closing date for film entries according to the site isn't until the 7th September. Hence, most of the tickets available now are for film passes. Also, I don't think I've ever known what's on when (film wise) going into a festival, so the first job is to get a programme and work out what to do from there. If its just the one particular film you're after, I don't think I'd bother attending, but attempt to view it by some other means.
 Co1in H 25 Aug 2013
In reply to Kendal Mountain Festival: It's the same issue with which speakers are attending. Very difficult to organise 'till a few weeks before the festival, but it is frustrating for "customers" and organisers.
For anyone who loves the Boardman Tasker Awards you need to book as soon as the date is announced as they sell out early on.
 Puppythedog 25 Aug 2013
In reply to Mark Collins: Thanks for your Help Mark. Tickets bought for Sat and Sunday now if we can get there in time on the Friday we will have to buy individual tickets for things. Be good to see you there too. (maybe we could plan an adventure?
 Mark Collins 25 Aug 2013
In reply to puppythedog:
> (In reply to Mark Collins) Thanks for your Help Mark. Tickets bought for Sat and Sunday now if we can get there in time on the Friday we will have to buy individual tickets for things. Be good to see you there too. (maybe we could plan an adventure?

No worries James. I'm sure all tickets will be on sale on line before the festival starts, if its anything like previous years. Just need to keep an eye out. I think the organisers have realised a marketing opportunity with these early bird ones. All I've bought is a Last Great Climb ticket at the mo, but will probably get a film pass for one of the days nearer the time. Yeah, be good to catch up. Can probably manage a day/weekend adventure, if you don't mind dragging me up something.
 Mark Collins 26 Sep 2013
Lecture programme available:
http://www.mountainfest.co.uk/programme
 Mark Collins 05 Oct 2013
In reply to Kendal Mountain Festival:

Weird, there seem to be a lot less seats booked for the Last Great Climb Premiere than when we booked ours in August.
 BCT 11 Oct 2013
In reply to Kendal Mountain Festival: Any workshops this year?
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 28 Oct 2013

Keen on doing the run this year, but I see only maybe 20 people have signed up??

Is there a memento at the end at well?

I emailed the organisers but no reply

Many congratulations to Harriet Tuckey for winning this year's Boardman Tasker prize. This comes on top of her success winning the best book of mountain and wilderness literature award at Banff.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...