UKC

Lochaber, Glencoe, Ben Nevis Survey - Win £50!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
stevegs 11 Jul 2012
*Posted with permission of UKClimbing*

Take part in our survey and win a £50 Amazon Voucher!

Do you climb, cycle, ski, walk or do any other sport in Lochaber - Glencoe, Ben Nevis, Fort William, Kinlochleven, Ardnamurchan, Knoydart areas?

I am a post graduate business student at the University of Glasgow and for my dissertation project I am working with the Outdoor Capital of the UK to investigate the effect the OCUK brand has had on perceptions of the Lochaber area. I would be very grateful if you would take the time to participate in our survey – it should only take around 6 or 7 minutes to complete and you could win a £50 Amazon voucher for taking part! To take the survey and details of how to enter the prize draw please click on this link before Monday 23rd July –

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PX3XGRZ

If you have any difficulty accessing the survey or if you would like more information please contact me at 1102814s@student.gla.ac.uk
Many thanks,
Steve Sheridan
 Howard J 16 Jul 2012
In reply to stevegs: Although I have visited Lochaber several times over the last few years I hadn't previously come across the "outdoor capital of the UK" as a brand and I'm afraid my reaction to it is entirely negative. It's one thing to use it as a slogan, but to claim it as a "brand" as if it were a fact just annoys me. I can't see anything on the website to justify that claim, and magnificent although it is there must be other areas which have an equal or better claim.
 Oceanrower 17 Jul 2012
In reply to stevegs: I got to question 3 and gave up. This is dreadful, just marketing not a dissie. Even when I left the survey it took me to "the brand"

I Suspect you're taking the piss.......
In reply to stevegs: I've completed your survey. The thing that most perplexed me was the assumed agreement that Lochaber and environs was The Outdoor Capital Of The UK. Whilst the attractions it offers are tremendous, I suspect that many other places would stake their claim to be TOCOTUK with equal validity; and the marketing of Lochaber as TOCOTUK is more likely to encourage me to visit other places.

Promoting the region in a unified way bringing together the many potential outdoor activities it offers and the benefits to be derived for taking part in them without using this self-proclaimed and rather naif title would be a better thing; better still if it reached out to the other potential benefits the region offers of which people might be unaware, such as using the dark skies thereabouts for astronomy (when clear, of course), and promoted them too.

T.
Right, I'm off to The Catering Capital Of My House and putting the kettle on
 Neil Pratt 22 Jul 2012
In reply to stevegs:

Like previous posters, I had a look at the survey and gave up after a couple of questions, largely because it assumes agreement that Ft Bill is the 'outdoor capitol of Scotland'.
 digby 23 Jul 2012
In reply to stevegs:

I've been to Fort William, Lochaber, Glencoe, etc etc many times but never been to the Outdoor Capital of the UK so answered those specific questions thus.
 Andy Can 25 Jul 2012
Lochaber - one of my favourite winter venues on the planet.
THE OUTDOOR CAPITAL OF THE UK? - my arse! ...and I'm from Stockport so my standards aren't that high!

As for the questionnaire - not sure what question 11 is all about. There were a lot of negatives when it came to THE OUTDOOR CAPITAL OF THE UK - sorry but you've gone to far here (and I suspect I'm not alone).

X
stevegs 26 Jul 2012
In reply to stevegs: The survey is now closed - I've had a superb response, so thanks very much to everyone who took the time to participate. Good luck in the prize draw!

Steve

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...