At The Climbing Gym Ltd, we are dedicated to providing the best possible bouldering and climbing experience for our customers. We are a small dedicated team who are committed to The Climbing Gym brand and product. We are looking for a like-minded person to join us as the Operations Manager.
We are seeking an Operations Manager who has a passion to work with our staff and customers to manage, assure, improve and develop the effectiveness of our current processes in relation to operational output of the business. Managing the staff and the delivery of their roles and responsibilities, with a commitment to safety and customer service is paramount.
The Operations Manager will manage the general day to day running of the Centre which will involve the production of rotas, group bookings, event planning, opening and closing procedures, safety checks, general management admin, staffing and the provision of direct delivery or guidance for the customers. The role is focused on ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders, the Directors, Staff and Customers throughout the daily, weekly and monthly life-cycle of the Centre.
The role is high profile undertaking planning activity whilst also assisting the Directors in the development of Centre together with Staff development through coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Manage the staff to include assesment and performace reporting and rota planning. Assist with recruitment, interviews and the training of new staff.
• Manage event delivery and group bookings to include the supervision of external instructors and staff.
• Support the Directors with customer memberships to include the mangement of Direct Debits and bespoke monthly and annual memberships.
• Support the Senior Management team with the Health and Safety aspects of the Centre to include all scheduled checks and controls.
• Ensure customer and staff processes and procedures are adhered to include opening and closing procedures, checks and controls and Company legislation.
• Be prepared to cover Director duties during periods of absence.
• Support the Directors in a broad range of duties: maintenance, HR, operations, daily cashing up, branding, event planning and security.
• Knowledge of the Leisure industry ideally Climbing working in a high-profile Sport Centre or Outdoor / Indoor climbing facility.
• Able to operate autonomously, with authority, skilled in developing and building relationships.
• Expert in the use of management practices and a specialist in the application of management tools.
• Customer focused with a proven track record in delivery.
• Able to identify client requirements and scope wider business opportunities.
• Skilled in the provision of coaching and mentoring.
• Keen eye for detail and process driven.
• Significant track record of successful work.
• Leadership and Management in Operations or equivalent – Practitioner.
Other Important Points:
• Single Pitch Award or Climbing Wall Award Qualification desirable.
• Experience in Bouldering / Climbing.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Must be DBS Cleared.
• Emergency First Aid at Work.
• Salary to be negotiated.
• Employers Pension.
• 28 Days holiday.
• Free bouldering and Café discounts.
• 40 hr week.
• Company Mobile Phone.
• Bonus scheme.
• Career Personal Development.