UKC

Respect The Wild: Poo like a Pro

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Team BMC 30 Sep 2021

How to poo like a pro 💩

One poo not too bad; two poos start to stink. But it’s all too easy for the poo to pile high so you need to stop and think. Everybody has to do it, no one can argue with that, but all those places we love so much can be spoiled with too much crap... 🎵

Go before you go. The best option is not needing the toilet at all. It’s not always possible but use the toilet before you head out.

Find a proper toilet. If you’re caught short, local hospitality (after buying something) or public toilets are the next best option.

Pack out your waste. If you can’t find a toilet, removing everything from the environment and disposing of it responsibly is best. This is easy with a commercially available toilet kit/wag bag, or make your own using sturdy zip lock bags, cat litter (optional), toilet paper and alcohol gel.

Last resort? Bury it. With no other option and only away from popular spots, burying your poo is the last resort. Dig a hole 15cm deep and replace the earth after. Remove toilet paper and sanitary products in a sturdy zip lock bag – paper dug up by animals is never a good look.

Remember that in many hotspots such as crags, summits and popular overnight or picnic spots, burying poo is not a good option. Do your bit and pack it out instead.

Discover our Wild Camping, Vanning and Pooing Guidance

Garethza 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Team BMC:

Is it just me or does the audio sound atrocious? 

Ross McGibbon 04 Oct 2021
In reply to Team BMC:

I remember guidance for wild (not popular) spots, guidance was to spread it thin on the ground so that poo could break down in contact with oxygen etc. Is that no longer the case?

In reply to Team BMC:

I can't seem to see the option of pooing in a plastic bag and hanging it from trees .

Is that now frown upon or only good enough for dogs ?

;-D

wilkie14c 07 Oct 2021
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

I’ve seen a pro poo and it cost me 40 quid extra

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...