UKC

Run or Walk to help support Mountain Rescue

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 KA_R36 12 Sep 2012
premier post photo

Take the challenge… Enter now! visit http://grinnbearit.org/

The Grin ‘n Bear It is our annual challenge walk/run to help raise funds for the team. This is the 6th year and it just keeps getting better.

What do I have to do?

Just walk or run if your prefer in some of the most rugged and scenic parts of the Peak District National Park

How far do I need to go?

There are four routes this year, the longest is 23 miles the shortest is 3 miles, so you can pick the one that best suits your ability.

What skills/equipment will I need?

Route finding skills using route description, map and compass in poor weather conditions are essential for the longer routes. Appropriate clothing & footwear are required. Well behaved dogs on a lead are welcome. O/S Outdoor Leisure Map No.1 Dark Peak Area 1:25 000

When is the event?

Saturday 6th October 2012.

Where do I register for the event?

Advanced entries via the link above. Entries must register on the day at Crow Edge Community Centre, Sheffield Road, Victoria, Nr Hepworth, HD9 7TP. Grid Ref: SE 180 051. For the registration times of each route, see the information below.

What is the entry fee?

Entries in advance are £10 and £12 on the day. Under 16′s are free but must be accompanied by an adult at the event. All proceeds go to support Woodhead Mountain Rescue Team.

What will I get when I finish?

FREE Hot Meal & Drinks at Crow Edge Community Centre for all participants & the satisfaction of knowing you’ve helped us help others for another year, as well as the smug grin you get when completing the challenge

Many thanks in advance and see you on the day.
Kat
http://woodheadmrt.org/
OP KA_R36 13 Sep 2012
In reply to KA_R36:
Start times

Long/Short Walk start 8am. Race start 10am. Families start 11am.
OP KA_R36 23 Sep 2012
In reply to KA_R36:
Just under 2 weeks to go!

Can you beat the lady that told me how she entered in the morning and by that evening had £200 pounds of sponsorship!
OP KA_R36 29 Sep 2012
In reply to KA_R36:
7 sleeps!
OP KA_R36 05 Oct 2012
In reply to KA_R36:
1 sleep
it's tomorrow!
OP KA_R36 07 Oct 2012
In reply to KA_R36:
A big thank you to all who came on a great day.

The Bog Monster was well fed!!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...