UKC

Sierra Leone needs your old shoes!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Ed Bright 12 Jun 2018

312061.jpg

Hi guys

8 months ago we moved to Sierra Leone with the aim of setting up the first proper climbing facility in the country (and indeed the whole of West Africa!)

Our prototype wall has been really successful and has captured the imagination of the local community here (We even have one local guy, Matthew, who is climbing about V6 after 10 sessions!!)

Over the next few months, our little climbing wall is going to be moving and expanding to a kids friendly venue. The idea is that we will be able to offer climbing sessions to classes of local primary school children in Freetown (as well as to adults)

What we really need for this to happen is some more climbing shoes - any sizes, but particularly the kids ones. 

If anyone has any old shoes that they wouldn't mind donating, we'd be happy to pay the postage to Sheffield where we can collect them in August.

Also useful would be chalkbags and climbing holds if anyone has any spares.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Ed and Sophie

Climb Salone

Post edited at 15:29
 Durbs 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

I'll dig out some old chalk bags I've got in the garage. 

I assume shoes with holes in aren't really worth it?

3patallen 13 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

well done guys, beautiful country, great people. good luck with the project. 

mchardski 14 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

I wonder if anyone in chamonix area would be driving back Sheffield direction. I've 2 sets I could donate, but postage expensive and bad for environment. If so we could probably collect a whole bunch here.

doz 14 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

got an unworn pair of tenayas size 43 you are welcome to- mail me with an address

tonypearson 15 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

Hi Ed and Sophy

My wife Ulla and I have a number of pairs of old boots we would be happy to donate. As my wife has very small feet - size 3- they would be pretty good for children. 

If you could give me your postal details we could arrange to send them to you.

It sounds like a great project!

Hope to hear from you

Tony

HakanT 17 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

I've got a few pairs in the loft. DM me and address and I'll send them up to Sheffield.

OP Ed Bright 18 Jun 2018
In reply to all:

Thank you so much everyone - think I've now sent you all a DM

In reply to Ed Bright:

Ed, come and talk to me at The Works, we can donate lots of stuff. I am away this week but arrange a pp in next week.

Brian Manton 22 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

Great.  Where do we take or send the shoes to in Sheffield? Brian

Graham T 23 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

I have got a bunch of shoes in the loft. If you can send me the address I will happily donate

hazeysunshine 25 Jun 2018
In reply to Ed Bright:

I've a couple of pairs to donate, if you can send me an address or drop-off point in Sheffield.

Great initiative!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...