UKC

SMC Climbing App Excitement!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robertmichaellovell Global Crag Moderator 06 Sep 2019

As part of an ongoing programme to distribute SMC content via different channels we've just released the first set of crags from our Scottish Sport Climbs book in the Rockfax app. Initially we’re planning to release Scottish Sport Climbs, Scottish Rock Climbs and Scottish Winter climbs, follow us on Facebook or Instagram to be updated when crags are released!

https://www.facebook.com/SMCGuidebooks/
https://www.instagram.com/smcguidebooks/

Whilst we build up our catalogue of content access to these crags will be FREE, so download the app and have a play … (don’t worry we’re still going to be producing excellent books as well)

Calski 08 Sep 2019
In reply to robertmichaellovell:

I am trying to download these, but just receive a message telling me that “Users with a Rockfax membership can download this content.” 

Excuse my ignorance, but do you have any ideas what I’m doing wrong?!

thanks

In reply to Calski:

Hi Calski,

That is odd, it should not be doing that. I'll give you an email and see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,
Martin

In reply to Calski:

Hi Calski, can you send a support request from within the app please? Then I can check the log file it attaches.

I wonder if there was just a network error for one of the requests. Can you try restarting the app and seeing what happens please?

In reply to Calski:

Turns out there was a communications breakdown. Only the Scottish Sport Climbs crags were intended to be free, but Rob's wording was a bit ambiguous.

As there's only a couple of other crags at the moment, we've now made all the SMC crags free.

Calski 11 Sep 2019
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks for all your help with this - much appreciated.

The latest batch of SMC Scottish Sport Climbs crags has been released in the app:

Balmashanner Quarry
Elephant Rock
Kirrie Hill
Legaston Quarry
Ley Quarry
Rob's Reed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...