UKC

Surviving Winter Climbing

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 rogerwebb 09 Oct 2019
premier post photo

Surviving Winter Climbing

A reflection on the good, the bad and seriously rubbish times with Murdoch Jamieson and Roger Webb.

A journey through some of the wilder winter climbing in Scotland with hard earned advice from both sides of rescue.

Or, alternatively, now you’ve screwed up what next?

Great pictures, great routes, banter and some bitter reality

A two part event, Murdoch will hope to inspire with pictures and talk of northwest climbing, Roger will try to give good information and advice on the issues of communication, response time and improving your own prospects if things go wrong and you need a rescue team.

Murdoch (Punter) Jamieson started climbing when he was 16 and is one of Scotland’s finest winter climbers with a string of new routes and repeats throughout the country including Godzilla IX,8 Beinn Bhan, Wailing Wall IX,9 An Teallach, Root of all Evil IX,8 Ben Eighe, Rudolf  VIII,9 Ben Eighe.

Murdoch is a member of Dundonnell Mountain Rescue Team.

Roger Webb also started climbing at 16 but in a different generation. He has done a fair few ascents in the more obscure parts of the country including Land and Freedom VI,8 Suilven, The Sea, The Sea VII,7 Slioch, The Great Game VII,7 A’Mhaigdean , Wild West VII,6  Ladhar Bheinn.

Roger is Training Officer for Dundonnell Mountain Rescue Team.

Both Murdoch and Roger have been on the wrong end of rescues.

Craigdon Inverness

7.30pm Thursday 14th November 2019

£5 at the door

Money to Dundonnell and Assynt Mountain Rescue  Teams

andyinglis 11 Oct 2019
In reply to rogerwebb:

Wish I could be there, should be an entertaining evening!

OP rogerwebb 11 Oct 2019
In reply to andyinglis:

Hope so! 

jason111 23 Oct 2019
In reply to rogerwebb:

It seems to be very informative but i live quite far. Love to join .

TobyA 06 Nov 2019
In reply to rogerwebb:

You should take the show on tour down south (and just about everywhere is south of Inverness)! Personally I hope to hear you've announced a Sheffield date at some point!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...