**As a result of the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we have amended our operating procedures at Boulder Shack. As a result we are looking for additional Team Members to support the safe and friendly climbing experience we pride ourselves on.**
This fantastic role involves engaging proactively with our customers and maintaining good climbing practice in the centre. This role would suit someone who shares our values – making climbing accessible to all abilities and keeping the community at the heart of everything we do.
The ideal candidate should meet the below criteria:
Provide great friendly customer service; in person, by phone and through email/social media.
Work with the duty manager and other team members to ensure the smooth running of the climbing centre and business.
To work efficiently on reception, in our café, dealing with customer bookings and general administration.
To deliver engaging climbing sessions to a broad range of junior/adult customers
To be proactive in dealing with cleaning, Health & Safety, maintenance and other vital centre duties.
Hours and perks: - Flexible working hours.
- Shifts will predominantly be evenings and weekends.
- 2 friends can climb with you for £1 whilst you are not on shift.
- Free unlimited tea, coffee, climbing and giggles.
Pay: Our current base rates of pay are as follows; with the ability to increase this as skills develop.
Under 18 - £5.18/hr
18-20yrs - £6.45/hr
21-24yrs - £8.20/hr
25yrs+ - £8.72/hr
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- To have a positive approach to dealing with customers.
- To be a proactive problem solver.
- Competent computer skills.
- Uphold our values of providing a safe, welcoming boulder centre for both new and experienced climbers.
- Can cope with high pressure situations (please provide an example within your covering letter).
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous cafe experience.
- Current First Aid qualification.
- Personal climbing experience, or other health / fitness / sport interests.
- Instructing/coaching experience with juniors and adults.
- Holder of 'Mountain Training Association' NGB Awards.
- Competent using G-Suite.
Closing deadline for applications: 14:00 on Friday 24th July .
Interview date: Interviews will be scheduled as suitable applications are received.
Proposed start date: As soon as practicable.
Please send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Team Member Role”.