UKC

Andy Nisbet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Colin Moody 13 Jun 2019

I wrote some stuff about the man that might be of interest.

http://www.colinmoody.com/Site/Blog/Entries/2019/6/8_Andy_Nisbet.html

aln 13 Jun 2019
In reply to Colin Moody:

That's fantastic, a proper tribute. My only contact with Andy was via email, reporting new routes. He was always prompt and helpful. Their was a thing when he wouldn't accept one of our Caithness route names, we had some tit for tat. We argued the point but he was adamant. He was wrong but hey ho, I love his history and contribution to Scottish climbing so that was that.

Post edited at 21:13
Removed User 13 Jun 2019
In reply to Colin Moody:

Thanks Colin.

Where's the first photo of?

OP Colin Moody 13 Jun 2019
In reply to Removed User:

Andy on FA Rhubarb Crumble, Neist.

McHeath 14 Jun 2019
In reply to Colin Moody:

This is brilliant. I never knew Andy Nisbet, but I wish I had. Thanks for this!

Doug 14 Jun 2019
In reply to Colin Moody:

Thanks Colin. I knew Andy for many years and were near neighbours in Aberdeen & later Boat of Garten although we rarely shared a rope. Its going to be strange going back to Boat without him being there.

TobyA 14 Jun 2019
In reply to aln:

>  Their was a thing when he wouldn't accept one of our Caithness route names, we had some tit for tat. We argued the point but he was adamant.

What did you want to call it?

He steered me an a friend away from our first choice of a name for a new route back in the early 90s (an exchange of letters on SMC headed notepaper on his part!). In that case we accepted that the name could possibly be offensive to some and changed it for a more classic sounding one quite happily. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...