UKC

Anstey's conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hms 11 Jun 2019

So it's been really really raining for quite a lot of days now, and I was due to go to Anstey's on Friday/Saturday. Would anyone have any idea if it is likely to be dry or if the heavy rainfall might have been enough to give seepage?

Thanks!

Cusco 11 Jun 2019
In reply to hms:

Havent been down recently. But Ferocity Wall should be ok apart from perhaps The Lynch which get wet quickly. Bits of Empire Wall could be seeping depending on how much water has perculated through.

It hasn't been raining continuously down here. Got caught in a massive rainstorm at Daddyhole on Sunday which drenched everything. But 20 minutes after the rain stopped I could climb again (a bit slippery) and it was much drier when my second came up.

Cusco 13 Jun 2019
In reply to hms:

It's been raining quite a lot since my last post (including overnight) which may have affected things.

OP hms 13 Jun 2019
In reply to Cusco:

Oh dear. I had been trying to hold out hope! The 2 routes I had my eye on (empire, lynch) are ones that seep. 

Many thanks for the information though. Much appreciated.

tomrainbow 13 Jun 2019
In reply to hms:

You could try here instead:

The Nudey Cliff

Quite a different experience but no seepage issues and faces south so should be fine on Saturday. Only about a mile N of Anstey's so could easily combine the two.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...