UKC

Best Sport Crack Climbs UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ggilbs 25 Feb 2022

After beginning to enjoy climbing cracks a whole lot as of late. The thought has crept to mind. What are the best sport crack climbs here in the UK? Any especially stand out from the others? 

The Pylon King 25 Feb 2022
In reply to Ggilbs:

Dont get me started about bolted cracks.

GDes 25 Feb 2022
In reply to The Pylon King:

OK we won't.

The lynch at Ansteys. Although the best sequence pretty much avoids most of the crack. 

Laughing Arthur in backers hole, swanage. 

Kevster 25 Feb 2022
In reply to Ggilbs:

Portland has a number of cracks, and around cracks kind of climbs in mortals grades. 

gravy 25 Feb 2022
In reply to Martin Bagshaw:

Supercrack @ Lorry Park,

GPN 26 Feb 2022
In reply to Ggilbs:

Question answered: Cave Route Left (7c+) 

OP Ggilbs 26 Feb 2022
In reply to Martin Bagshaw:

These lines look fun! Thanks 🙏🏻 

OP Ggilbs 26 Feb 2022
In reply to gravy:

Wow! Now we are talking! 

Ian Patterson 26 Feb 2022
In reply to GPN:

> Question answered: Cave Route Left (7c+) 

Cave Route Right (7b+)? One of the best of its grade in the country.

Both Cave Routes are great routes and mega lines but don't actually require much full on  crack climbing technique.

For bolted cracks in the north of England its hard to beat the 3 at Lorry Park, proper crack testpieces and really good, in particular Supercrack (Sport) (7a) which fully deserves its 3 stars.

At the same crag On the Road (Sport) (6c+) is more of a crack in an overhanging corner requiring laybacking and bridging rather than full on crack climbing but is excellent, very imposing and gives great physical climbing.

Post edited at 14:44
 GPN 26 Feb 2022
In reply to Ian Patterson:

Agreed - I went for Cave LH because it needs more crack techniques than Cave RH. In terms of quality I wouldn’t like to chose between them!

TobyA 27 Feb 2022
In reply to Ggilbs:

Pearls from the Shell (6a+) is good and quite straightforward if you like hand jamming.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...