UKC

Black Death fixed gear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dinodinosaur 01 Apr 2022

Does anyone know the current state of the fixed gear on Black Death (E4 6a) and how crucial/backuppable it is? 

kingholmesy 01 Apr 2022
In reply to dinodinosaur:

It’s a long time since I climbed it but my vague recollection is that there is other gear. I certainly don’t remember it being particularly bold.

It’s a really good route so get on it.

Martgib 11 Apr 2022

Did it last April, and threads had then recently been replaced (I think), and were in good condition. There is a lot of fixed gear, so I don't seem to recall backing up critical, but possible... and I did. 

OP dinodinosaur 11 Apr 2022
In reply to Martgib:

Thanks, this is what I was after. I was considering abbing the line to check them out/give it all a clean up but also didn't want to blow the onsight if it's reasonable to go for an attempt on it.

I've been bitten before when a crucial peg was in dire condition (had old info on the route) with nothing really good to back it up and I ended up backing off the route 

David Coley 11 Apr 2022

There is one peg on black death. It is easy to back up, and I would, from a non strenuous position. 

OP dinodinosaur 15 Apr 2022
In reply to David Coley:

Peg looks... Peggy but as you rightly said there is ample gear to back it up. Replaced the tat on the peg today as it was looking a bit worse for wear because I was abbing for gear anyway 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...