UKC

froggat parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 overdrawnboy 11 Jul 2019

Hoping to get to Froggat in a week or so for the first time in 20+ years. Always used to park on the bend down from the Chequers pub and walk up through the woods. Is this still possible or has the layby been closed off?

simondgee 11 Jul 2019
In reply to overdrawnboy:

its more 'formalised' than it used to be and takes around 7-8 cars...there is the layby further up the hill (north) and there is a the NP car park . Have fun its still as good as it used to be...

deepsoup 11 Jul 2019

I realise this isn't the layby you're talking about, but just for your information..

The 'white gate' layby on the bend up towards the Grouse (the one just over the road from the NT car park) has a new path now, up the bank above it.  So it's no longer necessary to walk along the side of the road to get to the gate.  (Which hasn't been white for some time now.)  It joins the main path just beyond the Hairpin boulder.

You can see the new path on the aerial photos on Google maps, but it doesn't exist yet on the Bing aerial photo map.

ChrisBrooke 11 Jul 2019

The spot you’re talking about is still there. Only fits two or three cars, depending on how badly they park. 

OP overdrawnboy 11 Jul 2019

Many thanks, good to know its still available, it was always the quickest and most pleasant way to and from the crag.

Cake 11 Jul 2019

Quickest if you like walking up hills fast. Walking along the cliff-top is hardly unpleasant.

johncook 12 Jul 2019

They layby is still there and will take about 10 cars assuming that people, especially those in mini-busses, learn to park correctly. To see a vehicle which could park in a single spot taking up space for 4 is really annoying, but the drivers respond that they were there first and it is how they usually park here! 

StockportAl 13 Jul 2019

I parked in the lay by last week, took less than 10 minutes to get up the hill (I do run in the hills). When I got there there was one other car, and a couple of others when I got back. You just have to park at 90 degrees to the road to maximise space for others. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...