UKC

Goddard's Quarry - the least worst part?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I "have" to go to GQ tomorrow and I'd like to know which is the least shitty part of the quarry to climb in if you'd be so kind.

deacondeacon 28 May 2020
In reply to Frank the Husky:

I reckon you may be pleasantly surprised.

(or just go for ten minutes, then run away to Stoney) 

aspiratti 28 May 2020

We went down the far right end in search of easier routes.  The whole experience was pretty scary.   It seemed to be a mass of shattered rock.   Suggest you try the left hand side as you enter the quarry.   Have only been once though.   Others may have better info.

ashtond6 28 May 2020

The first wall is great, the rest shouldn't be bolted

climber34neil 28 May 2020

I remember the big arete on the left as you get to the main quarry entrance was fun, also enjoyed the sunshine wall at the back on the right Goddard's Quarry

toad 28 May 2020

I may have mentioned this before, but I always get a vicarious thrill when Goddard's Quarry get a mention, because the Goddard in question is a distant ancestor of mine on my mums side! 

Paul Ha 28 May 2020

Hi Martin The Plantation is for you..couple of decent 6b's and Debrilliant is very good at 6c-ish  especially worthwhile late afternoon/early evening for the sunshine. Roadworks are currently making parking tricky.

roger whetton 28 May 2020

There isn't "a least shitty part" Martin - just don't go...

In reply to Paul Ha:

Hi Paul, great, that looks "good". Much obliged.

In reply to roger whetton:

Gosh, coming from you that is very damning. However, I think The Doktor is unperturbable!

Anotherclimber 28 May 2020

Some decent rock, some awful rock. If you find the former then you most likely won't have had a wasted journey. The first two big arete's on the left are my recommendations.

robert-hutton 28 May 2020

Go to Darlton quarry main wall, three great routes on it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...