UKC

High Tor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveb2006 11 Sep 2019
In reply to steveb2006:

> AJ has the line of Robert Brown p1 going up v close to the rock scar - Ive always headed up R (think following obvious crack) to climb the R side of the Debauchery bulge to the ledge as for Debauchery.

Thanks for that. I'll take a look at the document. I can't remember where I went on Robert Brown since it was a while ago, but I seem to recall that bit isn't the hardest section hence the line might be less important there. Happy to get feedback from more recent ascents though, especially in view of the rock scar.

I have gone with the lower line for Delicatessen since that seems to be most common. Quite interested that I discovered what I reckon is actually an easier, and better protected, way though along the higher line!

Alan

UKB Shark 11 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

The rock scar is on the alternative P1 finish to Robert Brown and was also used by the eliminate Johnny Brown and has/had some nice layback moves 

OP steveb2006 11 Sep 2019
In reply to UKB Shark:

I see Johnny Brown was done in 2013 and no other UKC recorded ascents (wasnt aware of RB p1 alternative finish). Wonder if Johnny Brown is still climbable at the grade. Could probably climb the front of the bulge.

Re Delicatessen - the upper line looks an interesting variation. I guess to do that you would need to use the Lyme Cryme belay (not the best belay) as otherwise rope drag may be too much - I may be wrong there. 

UKB Shark 11 Sep 2019
In reply to steveb2006:

> I see Johnny Brown was done in 2013 and no other UKC recorded ascents (wasnt aware of RB p1 alternative finish). Wonder if Johnny Brown is still climbable at the grade. Could probably climb the front of the bulge.

Doubt it will change the grade - the hard climbing will still likely to be below. Will need a clean up though. I’ll do that next time I’m there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...