UKC

Insurance for climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alex123c 11 Mar 2023

Hello everybody,

I am a UK-based climber, been climbing for about two years now. I'm curious about what insurance most climbers have to protect themselves in case of injury?

I've been thinking about what would happen if I had serious injury whilst climbing, be that inside at the gym or outside on rock (either with friends or with a guide). Ideally i'd like some protection if I was to suffer a disabling injury (for example, leaving me in a wheelchair). For example, a lump sum to make changes to my home, and some measure of income protection if i struggled to get back into work.

Am I overthinking this? Is what I'm looking for a thing, if so please can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Mlewis 11 Mar 2023
In reply to alex123c:

New account... sounds like you are trying to start a conversation for an insurance company 🤔

OP alex123c 11 Mar 2023
In reply to Mlewis:

Nope... i dont know any providers for this. hence the post

Can anybody help? Would BMC provide this sort of insurance?

Post edited at 22:12
 Rob Askew 15 Mar 2023
In reply to alex123c:

Not sure exactly how it works in the UK, but life/injury insurance with a generic insurance provider should cover some of these costs as long as you are up front about what activities you do (thus increasing your premium cos climbing). E.g. covering up to 18 (or more/less) months of salary if you can't work due to injury or disability.

Iamgregp 15 Mar 2023
In reply to alex123c:

Yes they do, I use it.  https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/

LoolaSummer 29 Mar 2023
In reply to alex123c:

Yes bmc insurance is good thats what i also use. i got mine sorted through a different provider though who gave me the quote called Summit financial services. It has been great having that bit of reassurance when im out and about now. hope this helps? https://www.summit-fs.co.uk/bmc-insurance/ 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...