UKC

James Pearson interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Morgan Woods 13 Jan 2021

I found this quite interesting:

youtube.com/watch?v=9HWeMGzZC_4&

I was aware of some ascents but not how quickly it all happened. Some nice anecdotes from early on and  good to hear his take on TWOL.

PaulJepson 13 Jan 2021
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Was a great interview. His stories about chasing down climbing partners and only climbing with people who encouraged the risks he wanted to take was very interesting. He's got to be one of the best trad climbers the UK has ever produced; such a shame we sent him packing, ringing a bell and chanting 'SHAME!' because of a grading mistake (obviously an arrogant one he intended to gain notoriety with, but a mistake all the same). 

You just have to see what happens when him and Caro come home for Christmas to see what we've missed out on. How many last great problems and cutting edge ascents have we lost in the last decade?   

Ramon Marin 13 Jan 2021

What a hero, great interview. 

Michael Gordon 13 Jan 2021

Great stuff, cheers

Arms Cliff 13 Jan 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

Or alternatively maybe it's a good thing he left and broadened his climbing skills, as you can only roll the dangerous trad dice so many times...

Sean Kelly 13 Jan 2021

Who was conducting the interview? His face is familiar.

OP Morgan Woods 13 Jan 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> Who was conducting the interview? His face is familiar.

You serious.....Wide Boyz Tom Randall FYI

MischaHY 14 Jan 2021
In reply to Arms Cliff:

Agreed. I thought James made this point very well in the interview, he's clearly done a lot of introspection over the years about choices and consequences. 

Red Rover 14 Jan 2021
In reply to Arms Cliff:

There is plenty of dangerous trad outside the UK! He did some hard trad in Austria and probably other places.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...