UKC

Kalymnos Hidden Crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ChrisLeigh19 08 Sep 2019

I'm going to Kalymnos this winter after a recommendation by a friend. He raved about the quality of the climbing there, and one crag in particular, called something like 'sex, lies, and youtube'. I have tried finding this crag in every guidebook and crag guide but can't even find any mentions of it. He said it was near Saint Photis, but that doesn't help that much. Was wondering if anyone had any info about this crag, or whether it is called something else?

Thanks

tjekel 08 Sep 2019
In reply to ChrisLeigh19:

Well the other 3700+ climbs will keep you busy for a while... 

willpitt07 08 Sep 2019

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/ukc/kalymnos_-_off_the_beaten_track-64116...

I think it is a well-guarded secret.

As already said there is plenty there for your first trip. If you need a guide book I have one I'm selling.

mik82 08 Sep 2019

If it's your first trip I wouldn't even bother trying to find a secret crag. Hire a scooter and go to places like Arginonta or Arhi and crack on with the stuff 6a-6b.  The quality of the climbing is so far beyond what you'll be used to in the UK at that grade.

snoop6060 09 Sep 2019
In reply to mik82:

I'd defo like to find this new crag too. I've been tons of times and enjoy finding random crags on kalymnos. Even well known ones at the top of big hills as they are always nice and quiet. If you know the general location and its getting a bit popular I bet you can find it. Go there and find the scooters parked in a random place. Follow your nose from there .

Anyway, if anyone has an info I'd be keen to know. Perhaps not even the exact location. Just a general description of the crag will suffice. Enough for me to work out if its worth spending a full day trying to find it and possibly failing .

GridNorth 09 Sep 2019
In reply to mik82:

I agree.  I visited new crags in the past that became mainstream and to be honest they can be very disappointing, especially when compared to established crags.  They tend to still have a lot of loose rock and vegetation. If you want the most enjoyment out of Kalymnos save them for a later date.

Al

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...