UKC

Lakes routes clean-up, mid-grade

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Re Raven Threshthwaite thread. For those not leading E4 etc, there are many other decent routes that have been cleaned up over the years e.g. Great End Corner, Alexas, Vesper, the Garotte, the flying slab on Black Crag (melange of several routes right of Holly Tree Corner). Raven's Groove on Gillercombe didn't quite make it on account of needing a JCB rather than a brush.

Any suggestions for E2 or below due a clean? Have got a few routes in mind.

DC

joe.91 12:15 Thu
In reply to Dave Cumberland:

Where Eagle Dare in Langstrath? Heard someone climbed it this year. Carnival at Eagle Crag Buttermere? Was rather dirty back in 2018 when I climbed it. 

LakesWinter 14:47 Thu
In reply to joe.91:

The Squawk (E2 5b)

Falconer's Crack (VS 4c)

Greatend Corner (HVS 5a) unless you know its been cleaned recently.

Also does anyone know what state Sword of Damocles (E1 5b) is in currently?

In reply to LakesWinter:

>

> Greatend Corner (HVS 5a) unless you know its been cleaned recently.

Gets cleaned regularly but infrequently. I haven't been there for a while, almost impossible to get to the crag base due to bracken.

DC

If you have the enthusiasm, Mayday direct on the East Buttress. Currently unclimbable even in the dry, the moss is so deep.

It is likely that moss removal may accelerate drying time. 

John Kettle 18:26 Sat

No Holds Barred on Greatend Crag. Once clean it seems to stay that way a lot longer than Greatend Corner and is a superb companion route to the amazing Banzai Pipeline (seemingly always clean).

C Witter 19:12 Sat

Most things on Pavey? High Crag? Parts of Scafell?

Lots of little things, too. Tried to cleanDouble Talkin' Jive (E1 5b) today. Was climbable by the end but still filthy. Moss and lichen in my eyes every time I placed a cam above me!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...