UKC

Long Rock, Baggy rockfall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alwaysinjured 15 Oct 2020

15.10.20 Beware - There has been a rockfall in the lower section of Doors of Perception (E1 5b). Two very large  hanging blocks remain with obvious fracture lines - please avoid this route (area) until it has been investigated. Twinkletoes is unaffected. 

The Pylon King 15 Oct 2020
In reply to Alwaysinjured:

Bugger. Just done the topos and descriptions for the new CC book! Any pics?

duchessofmalfi 15 Oct 2020

What about the two blocks high up between DoP and Pickpocket they scare the shit out of me!

OP Alwaysinjured 15 Oct 2020
In reply to The Pylon King:

Hi Mark, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The crucial nos.3 cam just before the crux is now something much much bigger. Sorry, no pics. Happy to investigate it with you if you need a partner. Cheers, A 

OP Alwaysinjured 15 Oct 2020
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

I know the blocks you mean. The crest of this crag resembles a Stegasaurus’ back, some of which at the far end have dropped a little way down and are perched precariously. But the hanging blocks on DoP are much much bigger - I’ve no idea how big, but one must be over 10 tonnes!

OP Alwaysinjured 04 Nov 2020

The two hanging blocks have now fallen onto the beach and it all looks stable now. Haven't re-climbed it but I expect the start of the route to be a lot stiffer now. The start of Twinkletoes may be a little harder now, maybe not.

The Pylon King 05 Nov 2020

I'll have to get down before end of year and shunt the lines.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...